What are your New Years Resolutions for 2021?
Alright, @David, here is a video summarizing exactly what you need to do to complete your weight gain resolution:

Seriously though, drinking a lot of whole milk is probably the best, quick, cheap way to gain weight because it has a significant amount of all of your macronutrients. For me, I did not drink a gallon a day, but I was drinking about a gallon in a week. Honestly, I think you need to gain at least 20 pounds, since you are pretty underweight. If you do not consume dairy for any reason, you can use whatever similar non-dairy product you want.

Check out the Starting Strength book/program by Mark Rippetoe if you want to use barbell training to gain strength/muscle (mainly strength, this is not a hypertrophy (muscle-enlargement)/bodybuilding program, but you will gain size via weight-gain). I do not suggest doing what Rippetoe says and gaining up to >200 lbs in about four months because that is not healthy. A good synopsis, but definitely "read the book": https://physiqz.com/powerlifting-program...h-routine/

My resolution for 2020 was to gain weight/muscle, which I succeeded, especially after utilizing my school's gym (took four years to finally use that facility, funded by my tuition) and sticking to a program. Went from ~143-163 lbs and gained some size, mainly a broader/a little bulkier shoulders and larger thigh girth (3x a week squats, ftw!). 

For 2021, probably keep sticking to what I have been doing with strength training (not quite recently due to not being at school and potential of gyms closing in NJ due to COVID) and continue to get stronger. Maybe transition to an Olympic Weightlifting program once I finish my current one (who doesn't love snatches?). Also, I need to get started on a career/start contributing to my retirement
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • David

Messages In This Thread
What are your New Years Resolutions for 2021? - by David - 31st December 2020, 2:05 PM
RE: What are your New Years Resolutions for 2021? - by Uptight 534 - 31st December 2020, 6:16 PM
RE: What are your New Years Resolutions for 2021? - by David - 31st December 2020, 8:52 PM