Vanish Block Idea
(24th January 2021, 6:10 AM)Colind Wrote: Q: Wouldn't this break existing PR2 maps?

Not if I created a new level creation format. Over the years, there have been 4(...?), with each new one usually following behind-the-scenes changes. Let's call them save formats.

I'm not sure if each mode has historically been designed with backward-compatibility in mind. I know that people like @Overbeing have technical levels (e.g., don't moves, glitch levels) that broke somewhere along the line. Was that due to the new save formats, a lack of regard for backward-compatibility (making physics changes but keeping the save format the same), or something else entirely? I don't know.

This is the long way of saying: yes, if I were to do this, I'd probably set defaults to preserve backward-compatibility; however, adding this level of block customization would require a new save format entirely. I've wanted to do this for a while (to make a number of really cool suggestions possible), but I keep procrastinating because it will be a TON of work with a very high potential for a lot of things to break.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Battlealvin2009, Colind

Messages In This Thread
Vanish Block Idea - by Colind - 24th January 2021, 6:10 AM
RE: Vanish Block Idea - by bls1999 - 24th January 2021, 6:45 AM
RE: Vanish Block Idea - by Colind - 30th January 2021, 4:01 AM