How has PR2/JV shaped you as a person?
Hi all,

I've just created an account because I forgot my old login but I went by the name SouthSideField on JV and Destroyer2050 in PR2. I was only 10 years old when I first started playing PR2 and joined JV back in 2008. It feels like a lifetime away. Although I moved onto other thing after a good 6 year run, I've often fondly reminisced back on my experiences over the years and thought about how they shaped me as a person.

Growing up in a relatively poor household, gaming in my childhood and early teens consisted of playing flash games on my family's shoddy old laptop. PR2/JV was a huge pillar in my life in these times and was my first real multiplayer experience online as well as my first time being part of any kind of community. I learned how to interact with other people, make friends and develop critical thinking skills as I eventually began conversing on the forums. JV really did feel like a community to me and over the years I basically recognized and got to know every regular user to an extent.

I can't remember every single experience I had, honestly it's mostly a haze, but I clearly remember how being part of this community made me feel and I still cherish all the time I spent back here in PR2's haydays. I was completely obsessed to the point of fantasizing about scenarios in PR2 and on the boards! I'd eagerly bike home from school each day, ready to hop online into what was essentially my second life.

How did these experiences further shape my life? Well I've always prioritized community and a sense of belonging moving forward in life, whether that be in other online games or my real life social circles.

I'm 22 now and know a lot of other people first got into PR2/JV as children or young teens. How have you personally been impacted growing up with this community?

Thank you all, once again, for the joyful memories and giving me something to look forward to every day of my childhood/early teens.

~SouthSideField/Destroyer2050
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Piros For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle, Resarekt

Messages In This Thread
How has PR2/JV shaped you as a person? - by Piros - 6th May 2021, 7:20 AM
RE: How has PR2/JV shaped you as a person? - by TRUC - 7th May 2021, 10:58 AM