Orbit remake
Remember Jiggmin's obscure, exclusive to his site, and simple (yet addictive) game, Orbit?

No? I'm the only one? Everybody here is too busy flaunting their simming prowess in PR2 and aren't Jiggmin loremasters like myself? Okay...

Well, if you don't, that's okay. I remembered FOR you. As an aside while working on my Platform Racing clone (sorry, I'm just totally redoing the entire codebase for the third time and that's why there's been no progress, no I don't have a problem), I made a little remake of the game because I figured it'd be good practice (and more manageable in contrast to something as complex as Platform Racing).

[Image: 7F5ocC7.png]

Here's a little clip I recorded of it.

I'll clean up the code a bit, add some more visual flair and toss the code up somewhere in a jiff, as free/libre software of course. For the REAL Orbit superfans (me and one other person, I know they're out there, I WILL FIND YOU), I could even add some EPIC QoL features for the ULTIMATE multi-color sphere rotating and popping experience.

Here'sa little aside: I recall there was a contest on the OG JV where you'd played some selected game as a challenge. I recall Orbit being one such game (or maybe it was one of Jiggmin's other adjacent arcadey games) and I won said contest. Thing is, I actually I didn't. I just took the score screen and edited the numbers in MS Paint to look legit and win. I never have admitted this to anyone before, and it's been so long that I doubt anybody would care. This is my way of atoning. I hope you will forgive me.
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Camer the Dragon, David

Messages In This Thread
Orbit remake - by Northadox - 2nd February 2022, 3:54 AM
RE: Orbit remake - by bls1999 - 2nd February 2022, 2:24 PM
RE: Orbit remake - by Northadox - 2nd February 2022, 4:50 PM
RE: Orbit remake - by Camer the Dragon - 2nd February 2022, 8:05 PM
RE: Orbit remake - by Northadox - 6th February 2022, 11:41 PM