PROJECT 1A
I want you to tap into the right side of your brain hemisphere, and think about what this game really needs to have, implemented. If you've read my blog, then you understand exactly what is about to happen. I'm not going to rant on too much; I'm just going to show you some changes that I've made to Mario Bros Remix, in Photoshop. I used this level as an example. These are ideas that should have happened a long time ago, and I'll explain them all.

I know it's a lot of reading, but trust me... you're not going to want to skim over any of this.

This is a regular, boring ass Pr2 layout, with nothing exciting happening 🥱 There's that lame ass, Artifact hat that disappears after 30secs, making you regret 30secs of your life, backwards 💀 Pay close attention to everything in this picture because the next picture is about to change.

[Image: aHA3p3F.png]

All of a sudden, things are completely different from the first picture, right? These are my ideas that I worked on, in Photoshop. Sure, some of it looks a little rough, but it's the thoughts and imaginations that count. What's changed? Well, you have a speedometer on the bottom right-hand side, to track your speed, a box on the bottom left-hand side, showing you the racing leader (who's ahead of you) along with a different looking map, a red square in the top map because you're going super fast, a different looking speed item in the top left-hand corner, and 4 dots (instead of 3) to track how fast you can go.

[Image: D2Rc1Fv.png]

Now, this is what SHOULD happen when a REAL Artifact hat, reaches its' final form! As you can see, the environment changed, colors have changed, and you're equipped with super powers, which will be discussed in Project 1B. By now, you're probably wondering what happens next. REMEMBER: These are ideas, not drawings. Except for the box on the left, which I'll explain below.

Oh and FYI, you'll have the option to go backwards with the Artifact hat or not. Plus you won't automatically forfeit after 30secs.

By now you're thinking... 'What the hell is all this stuff?' Well, allow me to give you a list of what's going on and what each item, represents.

Speedometer: This is something that I think, should have been added years ago. With just this one little change, could reel in some potential players. The speedometer image, I downloaded from a site, which I'll credit at the end of this thread. But for now, the speedometers' purpose is to track how fast you're going by km/mph. The faster you go, the more your player changes colors, regardless of whether you have the artifact on or not.

Green= Normal Speed. Yellow= Fast Speed. Orange= Speed Demon!. Red= Super Blazin' Fast!. How fast you can go, how to get that fast, and how long it will last, will be discussed in Project 1B.

The Speedometer on the bottom right-hand side, stays active, regardless of whether you have the hat on or not. Also, I just thought it'd be fascinating to replace the old, pale-ass looking speed item at the top, with a badass speedometer.

On the bottom, left-hand side, you have a different layout of the map. This is purposely designed to tell you who is in front of you and give you a different view of the map. Now I know I have 8 racers on that map, but damn, wouldn't that be cool to have 8 players in a race?! This map was drawn by me. It's rough, yes, but you have to remember that this is an idea that could be part of the game.

The 4 dots beside the speedometer is on a whole different level than your average dots that you collect from getting a regular-ass speed burst. Let me remind you that normally when you get a speed burst, it has that one puny ass looking dot, that does nothing but allow you to run fast for a few seconds; that's it!

The 4 dots on the other hand, are on a whole different level because they tell you how fast you're allowed to go, depending on your stats. Sure a speed burst can make a difference there, but it will only go but so far. If you have maxed out, happy hour stats... then shockingly enough, you will only see a maximum of an orange dot 🤔😱 Why?! Because I'm saving the best for last, that's why. The red dot is special, and with speeds that extreme, that high, can only be accessed through a special item, or the artifact hat.

If you're going Super Blazin' Fast!, this will increase and exceed happy hour stats, by 10 points for each stat. Speed, acceleration, and jump. I know this sounds crazy, but when I reveal what speeds that high can do in the next project, you'll understand why.

Let me know what you all think of these ideas. If I reveal everything all at once, God knows how long this thread will be. Think about it. Just remember, these are just ideas. If you want to draw some things out, be my guest because I can't draw.

Here's what we've covered in Project 1A

Project 1A
Speedometer
Different Map
Race Leader
Red Square
Artifact Hat
4 Dots
Going Fast

What's Next?!

Project 1B
Discusses Stat Points