Did an oops, accounts compromised
(31st March 2022, 9:43 AM)Kribbles Wrote: I'm most shocked that Google is just blatantly selling adspace to phishing sites. I don't know how there isn't crazy outrage for that. Some big internet celebrity ought to catch wind of it and get them to go for it.

I'll be doing the same... I have to follow this https://github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater on each Win10 install, but adverts everywhere is too much. Even Ubuntu has Amazon products in their base install which is disgusting to me (and the movement towards snaps is bad to me. I don't mind auto-updates, but snap?? really?)

*sigh* I'll be losing out on a lot of games, but maybe I'll just buy a PS4.

I might reach out to some tech YouTubers and see if any of them would report on it, the more awareness the better

I've heard about that W10 Debloater, but I think I might settle on making a custom W10 ISO free from bloat

The games situation on Linux actually isn't that bad anymore, a lot of big games are working quite well now and with the push from Valve with the Steam Deck it'll continue to get better at a faster rate. Main issue right now is multiplayer games with anti-cheat software, but from my understanding some of the software has been made compatible with Linux, just needs game developer intervention or something. If it comes to it you can always run a Windows VM and pass through a GPU and game that way, not ideal but at least your main OS isn't Windows

Messages In This Thread
Did an oops, accounts compromised - by David - 13th March 2022, 7:28 PM
RE: Did an oops, accounts compromised - by Matt - 14th March 2022, 12:34 AM
RE: Did an oops, accounts compromised - by FDX3 - 14th March 2022, 4:14 PM
RE: Did an oops, accounts compromised - by Northadox - 14th March 2022, 5:25 PM
RE: Did an oops, accounts compromised - by David - 15th March 2022, 2:47 AM
RE: Did an oops, accounts compromised - by bls1999 - 16th March 2022, 1:14 AM
RE: Did an oops, accounts compromised - by Northadox - 16th March 2022, 11:56 AM
RE: Did an oops, accounts compromised - by bls1999 - 16th March 2022, 9:53 PM
RE: Did an oops, accounts compromised - by Kribbles - 31st March 2022, 9:43 AM
RE: Did an oops, accounts compromised - by David - 31st March 2022, 12:42 PM