Poll: Do you think the game is dead?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The result of this poll remains hidden until the poll closes.

Why PR2 is DEAD? – The Truth!
(19th March 2022, 7:59 PM)Different Wrote: How would you adjust goals and expectations if it were you proposing the idea? Now, I'm curious.

I think you're trying to revive something that can't be revived.

(15th March 2022, 7:50 PM)Different Wrote: Why? Because people are tired of seeing the same layouts, backgrounds, play styles, animations, sound effects, etc.

Having thought about this, it's actually quite an accurate statement. People got bored of PR2 and moved on to other things. Being a 2D platformer has its limitations, and people will move away from such a game when newer, cooler things come out. If you were to show a 13 year old kid some gameplay of PR2, Valorant, Fortnite and Dota 2, which game would you expect him to play first? And given that much of PR2's appeal comes from its multiplayer gameplay, you'll get a snowball effect when activity begins to decline.

If you were to introduce new backgrounds, animations and sound effects, they might be interesting for a few days. After that people won't think too much about it. You'll just be left with the same game that looks slightly different.

As someone who plays alone 99.5% of the time, I would personally like to see a more enhanced single player experience. I saw something about AI on your other post which got me excited. Also game modes, or features that make the game more interesting (such as one involving ~JBG~'s Hat Minions) would allow for some exciting single player levels to be created.

Don't stop posting your ideas though. Any suggestion to improve PR2 is better than no suggestion. I quite enjoy seeing what you come up with Smile
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Delphinoid, Different

Messages In This Thread
Why PR2 is DEAD? – The Truth! - by Different - 15th March 2022, 7:50 PM
RE: Why PR2 is DEAD? – The Truth! - by Northadox - 15th March 2022, 8:15 PM
RE: Why PR2 is DEAD? – The Truth! - by *Izi-Blissers* - 19th March 2022, 9:36 AM
RE: Why PR2 is DEAD? – The Truth! - by Speedblur - 19th March 2022, 7:06 PM