It's TIME! – Project 1B
AI would probably be the biggest and coolest thing to happen to PR2 in ages, so I would absolutely love to see something like this in the game. But it does sound like a far-fetched idea.

(1st April 2022, 2:04 PM)Different Wrote: However, just incase I do decide to take on the project, sum up everything and break it down into affordable steps that I need to take, to take on this project. As in things I need to download, source codes, etc.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Figuring out what to do is half the battle. The other half is actually doing it. Unless we have someone in this community with specialized knowledge in AI or machine learning, someone will need to spend the time to figure out exactly how to do it first.

A simpler solution would be to implement the AI only for the Campaign levels. Then you can add hard-coded spots for them to jump, super jump, move, use an item etc. And that would be much easier. It also means you can implement your own knowledge of the level to make a more convincing AI instead of trying to program something that can learn by itself.

Given that PR2 is an open 2D world with heaps of variables, I would expect this to be harder than teaching a computer to play chess.

Anyway, here's a video of a computer learning to beat a Mario level.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Delphinoid, Different, Magniloquent

Messages In This Thread
It's TIME! – Project 1B - by Different - 30th March 2022, 12:58 AM
RE: It's TIME! – Project 1B - by Lego-man945 - 31st March 2022, 12:05 PM
RE: It's TIME! – Project 1B - by Different - 31st March 2022, 2:17 PM
RE: It's TIME! – Project 1B - by ThePizzaEater1000 - 31st March 2022, 3:56 PM
RE: It's TIME! – Project 1B - by Different - 31st March 2022, 4:33 PM
RE: It's TIME! – Project 1B - by Lego-man945 - 1st April 2022, 10:20 PM
RE: It's TIME! – Project 1B - by Master Raiden - 1st April 2022, 10:48 PM
RE: It's TIME! – Project 1B - by FDX3 - 2nd April 2022, 2:19 AM