Poll: You get thrown in jail for 10 years over a fight that isn’t your fault. What are you going to do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The result of this poll remains hidden until the poll closes.

The Justice System is Screwed Up!
(19th April 2022, 4:00 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: For one, you have the court system completely wrong to begin with (at least in the United States). If I press criminal charges, the jury cannot find “me” (in this case, the prosecution (i.e., the state)) guilty. All a jury decides is if the defendant is guilty or not (which is the other dude). If this is a civil case, the jury does not decide guilt. They rule in favor for one side or the other, and the penalty is never going to be going to prison (you also have that wrong, you do not get put in jail for the length of ten years as a punishment). The penalty for losing a civil case is monetary and/or an injunction.

Two, where the hell do you come up with these threads?

This is a situation where no one is on your side, no matter what. The plaintiff has a good reputation with everyone, unfortunately. You may argue that you're not going to get put in jail for the length of ten years as a punishment, but you have to look at it as no one in that court room is on your side, no matter what.

This is also a situation where, if you argue that statement in court, everyone will be biased towards the plaintiff. So really, you're fighting a losing battle.

Messages In This Thread
The Justice System is Screwed Up! - by Different - 19th April 2022, 3:26 PM
RE: The Justice System is Screwed Up! - by Uptight 534 - 19th April 2022, 4:00 PM
RE: The Justice System is Screwed Up! - by Different - 19th April 2022, 4:07 PM
RE: The Justice System is Screwed Up! - by Lego-man945 - 19th April 2022, 7:32 PM
RE: The Justice System is Screwed Up! - by Mia - 20th April 2022, 2:14 AM
RE: The Justice System is Screwed Up! - by Different - 20th April 2022, 11:32 AM
RE: The Justice System is Screwed Up! - by Mia - 20th April 2022, 11:49 AM
RE: The Justice System is Screwed Up! - by Different - 20th April 2022, 11:56 AM
RE: The Justice System is Screwed Up! - by Kribbles - 20th April 2022, 2:25 PM