[Other] Flash Player: Intense rotation lag on modern processors
(7th February 2023, 11:28 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: On PR2 this seems to happen more when
- There are other players in a race
- Those players are nearby to you
- Player coming from offscreen whilst you're rotating causes the most severe lag
As far as I can tell, it's specifically seeing rotated player nametags that causes the lag, which seems to line up with what you've described.

(8th February 2023, 2:06 AM)bls1999 Wrote: Great write-up of a very irksome bug. This occurs on my Mac and PC, both with 8(?) cores.
That lines up with other reports pretty well. It does seem to be specifically the number of threads, since from testing on Tad's new laptop, which has 10 cores (but only 12 threads, because of the whole efficiency core thing), it seems to work fine in those circumstances.

(8th February 2023, 2:06 AM)bls1999 Wrote: Is it dependent on flash player version? I've heard earlier versions like 9 or 10 (prior to Adobe purchasing macromedia) don't have these kinds of problems, but I have no independent confirmation of this.
From my testing with Learn to Fly 2, the issue does not happen on flash player version 8r22.

(8th February 2023, 2:06 AM)bls1999 Wrote: The heavy lag also occurs when breaking crumble blocks for me. The cheese hat absolutely destroys my performance.
I don't have cheese hat in pr2, but when I crumble blocks in pr3, I don't get an unreasonable amount of lag. Jiggmin might've done crumble differently between the two games though, so this might not be equivalent.

(8th February 2023, 3:42 AM)Lego-man945 Wrote: This happens to me in just about every flash game. In terms of playing on browser, it's because of the emulator lol, it takes a ton of ram for some reason (I've found mine at around 99% in the past and I have 32 gigs).
Source: Arkandian Crusade and My Pet Protector III run badly.
This seems to me like it might be a different problem? At least on my system, most flash games run perfectly fine. I mainly use the Platform Racing series and the Learn To Fly series as examples because those are the only games that I've seen the problem happen on.
i failed the mario twitter challenge
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ThePizzaEater1000 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flash Player: Intense rotation lag on modern processors - by ThePizzaEater1000 - 8th February 2023, 7:12 PM