Poll: Do you agree with parents & teachers taking corporal punishment, disciplinary actions towards children, or is it child abuse?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Absolutely! Children need an ASS WHOOPIN’, especially nowadays!
10.00%
1 10.00%
No, I don’t think so. It makes the child, retarded and delayed in school.
10.00%
1 10.00%
As someone who has received them myself, I think they should be admissible no matter what. Especially nowadays.
0%
0 0%
No, I don’t think so. Corporal punishment is just a very HARSH way of discipling a child for bad behavior. I think there are other ways to get the job done. This is child abuse!
70.00%
7 70.00%
Don’t listen to these brain-dead psychologists tell you anything different. Corporal punishment is the best form of medicine.
0%
0 0%
I disagree with belts, the board of education, spankings, and anything else that goes with it. Figure out safer ways to get the job done.
0%
0 0%
While I agree with corporal punishment because sometimes that’s what it takes to get the job done, I also disagree because it’s a cruel form of punishment, depending upon what you use.
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DISCIPLINE! 😫😰πŸ”₯⚠️
@Different Disciplining a child, physically for bad behavior isn't the answer. Not only is it going to force the child to resent their parents one day, it'll make them run away from home because of this. If you're so worried about your child acting out and being disrespectful towards you, then the problem is most likely you and the way you're raising your child.

I think we can all agree that you think that the only method used to discipline a child is to spank or hit them because that's how you were raised. Don't you think you could benefit from talking to a therapist or psychologist who could help guide you towards some different forms of discipline that don't involve a child resenting you?

Man, my ex-girlfriend used to hit her child for some petty shit in front of me, and I couldn't stand it. So, I told her ass off because it was child abuse.

On the other hand, I think you need to consider some important quotes from this article first, before you decide to play the victim and pretend that you weren't having biased opinions based on children being disciplined:

https://www.apa.org/monitor/2019/05/physical-discipline

Here's some important quotes from this article will help you understand my perspective:

"Researchers found that spanking can elevate a child's aggression levels as well as diminish quality of the parent-child relationship."

"Parents who use physical discipline may be teaching their child to resolve conflicts with physical aggression."

"The purpose of this resolution is to promote effective forms of discipline for parents that don't contribute to antisocial behaviors, aggression and trust issues." "Children do not need pain to learn," -Gershoff

"Physical discipline does not improve behavior and can lead to emotional, behavioral and academic problems over time, even after race, gender and family socioeconomic status have been statistically controlled."

"Rather, parents need to give their children guidance about what to do differently, what is known as "time out from positive reinforcement (TOPR)." This technique makes time-out an opportunity to regroup and think about how to do better next time."Β 

Also,Β THISΒ is what happens when parents get carried away with disciplining their child. If you'll notice, the boy had disciplinary issues because of his mother deciding to discipline him with an electric cord instead of giving him a simple timeout or seeking counseling.

So, yeah man. I'm curious to know what you think of this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DISCIPLINE! 😫😰πŸ”₯⚠️ - by Subside - 22nd April 2023, 2:41 PM