Poll: Do you agree with parents & teachers taking corporal punishment, disciplinary actions towards children, or is it child abuse?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Absolutely! Children need an ASS WHOOPIN’, especially nowadays!
10.00%
1 10.00%
No, I don’t think so. It makes the child, retarded and delayed in school.
10.00%
1 10.00%
As someone who has received them myself, I think they should be admissible no matter what. Especially nowadays.
0%
0 0%
No, I don’t think so. Corporal punishment is just a very HARSH way of discipling a child for bad behavior. I think there are other ways to get the job done. This is child abuse!
70.00%
7 70.00%
Don’t listen to these brain-dead psychologists tell you anything different. Corporal punishment is the best form of medicine.
0%
0 0%
I disagree with belts, the board of education, spankings, and anything else that goes with it. Figure out safer ways to get the job done.
0%
0 0%
While I agree with corporal punishment because sometimes that’s what it takes to get the job done, I also disagree because it’s a cruel form of punishment, depending upon what you use.
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DISCIPLINE! 😫😰πŸ”₯⚠️
(19th May 2023, 11:07 AM)Different Wrote: Those kids eventually ended up in jail and started doing drugs, didn't they? I'm old enough to notice every generation is failing to raise their kids, which is why we have more gun violence, huh? This is what I want you to ponder, ok? - Tell me why is it that the level of violence has increased since the 2010s?... Explain that to me.

Who knows? Why do you just assume the worst happened to them?
58% of gun violence is suicide, there must be a reason for that, right?
Violent crime rates are lower than they were in 2010. I will admit they have increased in recent years, but that wouldn't be a reason to hit your kids (which has been proven like 4 times in this thread alone to make your child more likely to solve problems with violence). If anything, I'd say what you're suggesting makes violent crimes more likely.

(19th May 2023, 11:07 AM)Different Wrote: Stop defending a small group of people who don't give a shit about us. Do you honestly think this is funny, man? You see, this is why I said there's no hope for your generation because of the way you guys think. If you keep this up, AI is going to destroy you, and everyone else who defends them writing these BS laws that are set up to destroy us (don't even get me started on that).

I didn't lol. You're just delusional if you think I'm defending the government here. Just saying that you can come to the same results as the government does not mean I'm defending it.
You don't even know what generation I'm from, so go take your assumptions elsewhere.
LOL, another person scared that AI will take over. I bet you follow Elon Musk and take every word he says as gospel.
You realize that every person in office is there because we voted them in, right? To have a vote is to have power. If there's a law that you don't like, get enough people together to threaten with that power.

(19th May 2023, 11:07 AM)Different Wrote: No one agreed with me, period. Go back and read those comments from them. They ridiculed me and insulted my intelligence because they honestly believe that the government is on their side. They live in this invisible, fantasyland-bubble that blinds them from reality; it's called weak thinking.

Yeah, no one agreed with you, including the parent. They didn't do it because you think the government is some sort of boogeyman, they did it because you kept using the same argument over and over again and just kept throwing out any evidence that was brought against your points because tHe GoVeRnMeNt Is AfTeR uS aLl. Their sources weren't even from the government; however, you'd know that if you actually looked at them. The APA for example is a group of individuals who banded together to keep psychology held to strong morals.

(19th May 2023, 11:07 AM)Different Wrote: Just quit while you're ahead.

No, I don't think I will

(19th May 2023, 11:07 AM)Different Wrote: Well, I think there should be boundaries placed between when it's ok and not ok to punish someone for asinine BS. Shit, I got punished for asinine BS, too. Do I agree with it?... sometimes no. If I deserved it, yes. Yeah kids do end up resenting their parents, and honestly I wish we didn't have to receive ass whoopins' as a form of punishment for wrongful behavior.... but if you notice that giving that child an ass whoopin' gives you the highest level of outcomes, then take it.

And where is that threshold? How would it be enforced? This argument makes no logical sense.
You're just proving our point that people who do it, do it as more of a power play than anything else.
Except that it's been proven that corporal punishment results in long-term problems. The problem with many people today is that they live in the short-term and would rather push problems off til later when they get too large to fix and cause irreparable damage.

(19th May 2023, 11:07 AM)Different Wrote: If that child resents you, then explain why you did it. Once they understand why you did it, eventually they'll get used to it and obey authority. Everyone is different because we've all got our demons. I think parents punish their children because they don't want to see them end up in jail, or dead somewhere. Yeah, it stings the shit out of people, and I don't agree with it sometimes, but if that method gives the best outcomes, then use it.

I find it funny how you talk about not trusting the government but then in the same post talk about the need to obey authority and make children good little drones who do what they're told out of fear.
[Image: LLwQFov.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: DISCIPLINE! 😫😰πŸ”₯⚠️ - by Lego-man945 - 19th May 2023, 7:49 PM