Poll: How DIFFICULT do you think it is to LOSE WEIGHT?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's not that difficult. You just have to eat a healthy diet, stay in shape, and beautiful women will chase you.
14.29%
1 14.29%
It's so difficult that it's not even funny!
0%
0 0%
It's kind of difficult, depending on how you go about the situation and how bad your eating habits really are.
14.29%
1 14.29%
Just hit the gym and you'll be fine!
0%
0 0%
EXTREMELY difficult!
0%
0 0%
Look, I have weight problems myself, so I already know this isn't no joke.
14.29%
1 14.29%
My feelings are neutral, but it may or may not be difficult depending on you.
57.14%
4 57.14%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

LOSING WEIGHT! πŸ€”
(13th April 2023, 10:53 AM)Dangevin Wrote: With all that being said, there are people who are overweight (and maybe even obese) who are happy with who they are, their weight and their living style. It may be more appealing to be at a healthy weight, whether that's internally or from an outside perspective, but it doesn't mean you have to be at that weight to enjoy life. Your weight isn't an indicator of your value to the world.

It's easy to dismiss people who are overweight as dumb for not caring for their health, or to think that they are pigs. Those habits of indulgence, like you said however, can stem from multiple different reasons due to a person's background. It can genuinely be a monumental challenge for those who are overweight to overcome their habits and to stick to a healthier lifestyle indefinitely. However from personal experience, once the hurdle of choosing a better lifestyle finally settles in, it gets easier.

The phrasing "happy with who they are" is disturbing, as if they were destined to be fat or unhealthy which is simply not true. And sure, you can be happy and also overweight, but not because you are overweight. This Soft-On-Fat approach (which I've just coined right now) is ultimately negative for society because people will always take the easy way out. People hear and tell themselvesΒ "Weight isn't an indicator of your value to the world" and say "yeah, I feel bad about myself so I will tell myself that I still have value and it's OK where I am"... as they continue to not change.

And I'm not saying the Soft-On-Fat approach is also always bad, I just don't think today's people want to be straight with themselves and so it provides an easy way out so that they don't really have to reckon with it.

It's harsh, yes. It's mean, sure. Would I recommend you go up to a stranger and strike up a conversation about their health choices? No. Would I tell you to constantly remind your overweight friend that they are indeed so? No. You can be delicate in your delivery, but you can't lie about the truth of being overweight and what it does to your health.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunanova For This Useful Post:
  β€’ Different, ExplosionZ

Messages In This Thread
LOSING WEIGHT! πŸ€” - by Different - 11th April 2023, 5:04 AM
RE: LOSING WEIGHT! πŸ€” - by Dangevin - 13th April 2023, 10:53 AM
RE: LOSING WEIGHT! πŸ€” - by Lunanova - 13th April 2023, 7:59 PM
RE: LOSING WEIGHT! πŸ€” - by bls1999 - 13th April 2023, 11:22 PM
RE: LOSING WEIGHT! πŸ€” - by Uptight 534 - 13th April 2023, 4:39 PM
RE: LOSING WEIGHT! πŸ€” - by ExplosionZ - 18th April 2023, 5:47 AM
RE: LOSING WEIGHT! πŸ€” - by Different - 19th April 2023, 10:33 AM
RE: LOSING WEIGHT! πŸ€” - by ExplosionZ - 20th April 2023, 3:17 AM
RE: LOSING WEIGHT! πŸ€” - by *Izi-Blissers* - 20th April 2023, 12:07 PM