Poll: What do you think of adding a +9 and +10 rank token in PR2?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I think it’s a great idea!
22.22%
2 22.22%
I don’t think so. Too many tokens!
77.78%
7 77.78%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

F@H: THE HARSH PR2 REALITY! πŸ€”πŸ‘€
Ignoring the suggestions, this thread is a bit ridiculous. The point of F@H rewards was always to raise awareness about the F@H project and encourage people to contribute to it. You say "people were done folding after 100k because there was no reason to keep folding back then"; I and many other people continued folding because we agreed with the project's cause. Some of us would fold for other people who wanted the extra hats (folding for others was a really big thing, and how most people got crowns and cowboy hats), while others just kept folding without worrying about that kind of thing. I don't think anyone (except maybe the younger players) considered people with crowns or cowboy hats to be "high-class" or "elite", my perception was more that people who had all the hats and parts had just "beaten the game" in some sense. I think the fact that most people could easily find someone who would be happy to fold a crown or cowboy hat for them kind of supports this.

Also, an error in the OP - rank tokens weren't originally a reward, originally you just received 3 extra ranks (not in token form) for folding 1,000 points. "Folding people" was never really an issue because only a small handful of people have ever cared about having a high rank. In the early days of the game, there was more of a focus on actually... playing the game... like racing, making levels, chatting, and so on. My perception is that the non-gameplay-related goals people seemed to care about (if any) were primarily collecting all the hats and parts.

To be honest, I think the absolute biggest feature that PR2 and PR3 were missing was allowing players to chat within the level editor. The social and user-generated-content aspects of the games were by far their biggest appeal, so it has always seemed a bit strange to me that these things were never quite married particularly well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delphinoid_ For This Useful Post:
  β€’ AlphaZ, ~JBG~

Messages In This Thread
F@H: THE HARSH PR2 REALITY! πŸ€”πŸ‘€ - by Different - 25th December 2023, 11:04 PM
RE: F@H: THE HARSH PR2 REALITY! πŸ€”πŸ‘€ - by Delphinoid_ - 31st December 2023, 12:20 AM
RE: F@H: THE HARSH PR2 REALITY! πŸ€”πŸ‘€ - by ~JBG~ - 31st December 2023, 1:29 AM
RE: F@H: THE HARSH PR2 REALITY! πŸ€”πŸ‘€ - by Mia - 31st December 2023, 4:13 PM