Poll: Do you think that defunding the police is a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes because law enforcement fail to do their job, properly. Theyโ€™re also part of the increase in crime rate, issue. Look what happened 4 years ago with George Floyd. It was disgusting!
20.00%
2 20.00%
No because then everyone would break the law thinking they can do whatever they want. Drunk drivers, murderers, Karens, and bank robbers would be out of control. Whoโ€™s going to stop them?
50.00%
5 50.00%
I think the police should be defunded for other reasons.
10.00%
1 10.00%
I donโ€™t think the police should be defunded for other reasons.
0%
0 0%
I'm pretty neutral on this subject. It may or may not be a good idea to me, Idk.
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DEFUND THE POLICE ๐Ÿ‘ฎโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿค”
[Image: S41SDmY.jpg]

What are your thoughts on defunding the police? I hear this all the time on the radio, news, and podcasts. Seems like a major controversial issue to me, seeing as there are SOME officers who abuse their power. Then there are SOME who actually care about protecting and serving citizens. HERE are 3 pros and cons on defunding the police. If police officers are part of the crime rate problem, then wouldn't that be a lack of training?

I would, however, like to draw your attention to "Police departments are historically oppressive and violent. Defunding them could reduce violence against people of color and overall crime." So basically, they're telling you thatย ALL police departments are historically oppressive and violent; therefore, defunding them would be the solution to our excessively high crime rate (especially people of color). This couldn't be any further from the truth. If that were the case, then everyone would be bickering about how ALL police departments should be defunded. So, to me, that statement is pretty ridiculous.

So let's say we defund the police...? Now what? Can you imagine the level of crime that we would reach if law enforcement weren't around? What if their plan to bring experts in, fails? You'd literally need to take advantage of the U.S. 2ND AMENDMENT to survive this level of chaos. Also, who wants large military tanks patrolling the streets? Idk how other countries operate, but over here, you can't tell me that you wouldn't use a firearm to stop the bad guys from doing some serious damage to you, especially if you call 911 and no one picks up the phone or comes to your rescue. Maybe I'm being a little biased here, Idk. What do you guys think? This is your chance to lay the pipe bomb on us and really voice your opinions.

Messages In This Thread
DEFUND THE POLICE ๐Ÿ‘ฎโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿค” - by Different - 31st January 2024, 1:15 PM