Poll: Do you think that defunding the police is a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes because law enforcement fail to do their job, properly. Theyโ€™re also part of the increase in crime rate, issue. Look what happened 4 years ago with George Floyd. It was disgusting!
20.00%
2 20.00%
No because then everyone would break the law thinking they can do whatever they want. Drunk drivers, murderers, Karens, and bank robbers would be out of control. Whoโ€™s going to stop them?
50.00%
5 50.00%
I think the police should be defunded for other reasons.
10.00%
1 10.00%
I donโ€™t think the police should be defunded for other reasons.
0%
0 0%
I'm pretty neutral on this subject. It may or may not be a good idea to me, Idk.
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DEFUND THE POLICE ๐Ÿ‘ฎโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿค”
I think it's important to consider the media bias that happens around issues like this.
When a cop kills an innocent person, they make the news. But you never hear about the cops who do the right thing.

Chances are, most police officers are doing their jobs well. We just hear too much about the bad ones.
If this is the case, then defunding the police would do far more harm than good.

It reminds me of a meme I saw a while ago about I.T. Professionals:
When things are going well:ย "Everything is fine. What do we hire I.T. people for?"
When things aren't going well: "The network is down. What do we hire I.T. people for?"

In the case of police officers, it can seem like we don't need them because things are fine most of the time. But do you really want to find out what would happen if they got defunded?
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  โ€ข Camer the Dragon, Different, lalafox, Magniloquent

Messages In This Thread
RE: DEFUND THE POLICE ๐Ÿ‘ฎโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿค” - by Master Raiden - 1st February 2024, 9:13 PM