Poll: How do you deal with being broke?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Make a hustle by finding a job.
40.00%
2 40.00%
Set financial goals and make a hustle.
20.00%
1 20.00%
Figure out what caused me to be broke in the first place.
0%
0 0%
I don’t complain. I just work on improvements and opportunities to avoid being broke the next time.
0%
0 0%
I don’t care about being broke. Money isn’t everything, it’s just a piece of paper to me.
40.00%
2 40.00%
My life is over when I’m broke.
0%
0 0%
Complain and live in the past wishing that I had made better decisions with my money.
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

BROKE πŸ’°
I am pretty sure nobody on this thread is 'truly' broke, you might think you are, and feel broke but you aren't. If you have capabilities to get wifi, have a device that can browse the internet, to read this thread, you have more than most people. Look around, where you live, where you go, what you wear, you are most likely not broke. You might have poor financial habits but you aren't 'broke'.

Before Covid, I spent about a year living on a remote outer island in Fiji volunteering for the government. On my island, there were no roads, no stores, no resturants, 1 wifi tower, 1 nurses station, 3 schools, 4 resorts and 9 villages. Villages are only now getting electricity from solar panels. At the school I volunteered at, students from 3 different villages attended the school. The villages couldn't afford gasoline to boat students back everyday, so they dormed at the school from monday - friday. Students had 2 outfits, a school uniform and then something to wear after school, most were lucky to have flip flops. Any toiletries (toothbrush) or school materials were either donated or they did not have.

Living here taught me that most of us have no idea how most of the world really lives. If you are reading this thread on a phone or laptop, that device is probably worth more than most of these families have period. While there, I received a stipend to live at the same level as the locals, which was about $200 USD a month (and honestly that's more than the people in my village made). I still try to donate as much as I can to my village, it is hit by cyclones often.

[Image: mxD3GpM.jpeg]

Here is a photo of me on the last day of school.

(12th April 2024, 1:04 PM)LCPD Wrote: So a few years ago, I was laid off from a job I had for 5+ years. It was a mismanaged place, anyway instead of just mopping on it, I grabbed a job my friend had and I was able to make some money until something better that came up. After doing a few jobs, I landed on a job after taking a bunch of civil service exams. Here I am a few years later and I am climbing the ladder, more pay, less work and more work from home days.

Glad to hear you are doing well, no surprise!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:
  β€’ Delphinoid_, Different, LCPD, Magniloquent

Messages In This Thread
BROKE πŸ’° - by Different - 10th April 2024, 4:31 PM
RE: BROKE πŸ’° - by Master Raiden - 11th April 2024, 9:07 AM
RE: BROKE πŸ’° - by Different - 11th April 2024, 10:23 PM
RE: BROKE πŸ’° - by SebastianPolak12 - 11th April 2024, 10:31 AM
RE: BROKE πŸ’° - by Delphinoid_ - 12th April 2024, 12:07 PM
RE: BROKE πŸ’° - by LCPD - 12th April 2024, 1:04 PM
RE: BROKE πŸ’° - by Simon - 14th April 2024, 8:24 AM