Poll: Do you agree with Bicyclists sharing the road with cars?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I think it's a great idea because bicyclists have no where else to go.
66.67%
2 66.67%
I think it's a bad idea because this is a liability nightmare that'll cause someone to get sued, eventually.
0%
0 0%
I think it's a great idea for other reasons.
33.33%
1 33.33%
I think it's a bad idea for other reasons.
0%
0 0%
My thoughts are pretty neutral on this topic. Plus, I don't even drive, anyways.
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

BICYCLE LANES 🤦‍♂️
[Image: 7AZW6OW.jpeg]

Why is it ok for them to waste our tax dollars on more bicycle infrastructure? There are so many red flags that accommodate this controversial issue. I understand that they want to make things more convenient for the bicyclists to ride their bikes without running into people. But, if they're not using the lanes, or some lame-brain designs the bicycle lanes just like the picture above, we're going to have some major problems. Let's go over the 5, red flags that I find wrong with bicycle lanes, especially ones like the picture above.

🚩1) Most bicycle lanes do a poor job of offering protection against drunk drivers and speeders.

🚩2) Bicyclists don't always use the bicycle lanes. They find the roads more appealing.

🚩3) Bicycle lanes limits parking areas, especially if you're looking for parking spots downtown.

🚩4) Someone is going to get sued because eventually a drunk driver is going to swerve and collide with a bicyclist.

🚩5) Drivers don't always pay attention to the road, thus potentially increasing the risk of bicyclists getting killed from biking in the streets.

Now knowing all of these facts, why the hell is it a good idea to waste our hard-earned tax dollars on bicycle infrastructure, especially since bicyclists are going to ride in the streets, regardless? It's all a liability nightmare that will potentially raise public awareness to this controversial issue because someone is going to get hit with a lawsuit. Why not use our tax dollars on something that makes sense - like health care, food for the homeless, stable roadways and highways, better transportation? Keep your ass on the sidewalk and we won't have to turn on the news and listen to a car colliding with a bicyclist! What's wrong with people? 🤦‍♂️

[Image: QaYRUOF.jpeg]

Whatever happened to bicyclists riding on the sidewalk? I mean, if you're so concerned with exercising everyone's safety (especially bicyclists), then why not create a solution where bicyclists (who have their backs turned from oncoming traffic) can ride their bikes without crazy maniac-drivers hitting them? Now don't get me wrong, I've seen some cities where they go above and beyond to make safety a #1 priority for bicyclists, by diving the road and bike lanes with hard barriers.

But not every city does this. Plus the bicycle lanes take up too much space. I'd much rather have the bicyclists ride on the sidewalk than to have them lose their lives over some idiot driver. Now obviously bicycle lanes have been around for years, so of course it's not a surprise that these lanes are becoming more popular, sadly. Below the sources description, you'll find out exactly who started participating in this nonsense.

[Image: Kj3Znsy.jpeg]

Listen, we can't always predict every driver's behavior on the road, and it just baffles me how the law even thinks it's a good idea to have bicyclists share the roadway with cars and trucks. Car accidents happen every single day. Just look on YouTube where they have "car crash complications" every year. If you're going to make the driving laws apply to bicyclists in the same way as drivers, then why not do a better job of designing infrastructure for bicyclists?

Look at how large the bicycle lanes are. It's just preposterous. Also, exactly who do you think is smart enough to understand what these bicycle signs on the road, mean? Most people who get into their cars and drive to places are imbeciles. Every year the percentage for car accidents increases. Why put bicyclists through that same chaos? It's dangerous. Those are my thoughts. What do you guys think?

SOURCES

Messages In This Thread
BICYCLE LANES 🤦‍♂️ - by Different - 17th April 2024, 12:22 PM
RE: BICYCLE LANES 🤦‍♂️ - by Overbeing - 17th April 2024, 1:46 PM
RE: BICYCLE LANES 🤦‍♂️ - by Different - 17th April 2024, 1:58 PM
RE: BICYCLE LANES 🤦‍♂️ - by SebastianPolak12 - 17th April 2024, 2:24 PM
RE: BICYCLE LANES 🤦‍♂️ - by Mia - 17th April 2024, 3:14 PM
RE: BICYCLE LANES 🤦‍♂️ - by Different - 17th April 2024, 3:25 PM
RE: BICYCLE LANES 🤦‍♂️ - by Mia - 17th April 2024, 3:37 PM
RE: BICYCLE LANES 🤦‍♂️ - by Different - 17th April 2024, 3:43 PM
RE: BICYCLE LANES 🤦‍♂️ - by Mia - 17th April 2024, 4:44 PM
RE: BICYCLE LANES 🤦‍♂️ - by Magniloquent - 17th April 2024, 5:29 PM