JV and Games Community Feedback
Lightbulb 
JV and the Games Community Feedback

Over the last couple weeks, there has been some obvious discontent with players both towards the game and the staff member. As a CA, it was part of my responsibility to acknowledge said discontent and try to be the message bearer to improve and provide happiness. 

That being said, I went around and asked different community members (mainly the most active ones) on their feedback towards JV/The Games, concerns, and issues with staff members. If I did not ask for your perspective, I deeply apologize, you may wish to include whatever thoughts as a reply to this thread. I sent both a summary and the raw (anonymous) messages to the admin team @bls1999 @Eternal @Dangevin for their response. 

I think an important part of this though is open communication and transparency. Yes, I can relay messages back and forth all we want and if you ever have something you want to say but cant say it directly to a staff member feel free to come to me. However, I'd like to open this for public discussion.

Thus, see below a summary of the community perspectives, their issues with the games/staff, and the staff response.

Community Feedback Summary

Game Concerns and Updates:
  • Negativity in Forums: Users are troubled by the negativity and some bordering on harassment, suggesting a need for moderation against non-constructive criticism.
  • Split Views on Game State: There is a division in the community:
  • Some praise features like teleport blocks and desire more innovations.
  • Others call for foundational changes, such as new game modes and creative block types like elevators.
  • Feature Requests:
  • Strong demand for incorporating "PR3's superior level editor" into PR2.
  • Requests for customization options like color-changing blocks and interactive blocks to introduce new gameplay mechanics.
  • Desire for new content such as music, hats, and user-generated stickers and backgrounds.
  • AI Opponents: A notable push for adding AI opponents in maps to provide a more dynamic and challenging gameplay experience.

Staff Feedback:
  • Performance Views:
  • Some acknowledge the staff's efforts under limited resources.
  • Others critique the minimal support and slow updates, fearing the game might stagnate.
  • Development Community Involvement: There is a strong call for opening up the game’s development to the community to rejuvenate its development.
  • Transparency and Communication: High frustration regarding poor communication from administrators, with a demand for more transparency and quicker community feedback responses.
  • Event Engagement: Suggestions to reduce barriers for contest entries and to host more live events to enhance community engagement.

Administrator Response to Perspectives
  • Acknowledgment of Issues: The administrators recognize the feedback and the need to address community concerns effectively.
  • Resource Constraints: They discuss limitations due to PR2 being in "legacy support," meaning not many groundbreaking changes are planned.
  • Community Involvement: Responses suggest openness to community suggestions that align with the current game infrastructure and do not require major overhauls.
  • Communication Efforts: There's an admission of lacking in communication and a commitment to improve interaction with the community.
  • Future of PR2:
  • Eternal mentions that PR2 will never return to its "glory days" and is now more about maintaining and supporting nostalgia.
  • Bls mentions difficulties in sharing PR2 client code as per Jiggmin’s stipulation but encourages community contributions to the server code.
  • Admin Challenges: Admins discuss their personal commitments outside of PR2, which affect their availability and response times to community issues.

Quotes from Discussions:
    "I feel like there are some people that are a little bit pessimistic/negative/toxic in the forums, not mentioning names. They're not doing anything against ToS or anything but I believe that there should be taught the difference between constructive criticism and bullying/harassment." - Community Feedback

"The lack of updates might be killing what little there is left of the pr2 community." - Community Feedback

"The current administration feels like a bit of a skeleton crew. It feels like it is rather just do enough to keep the game running, or give up on it. So I am excited that the game is even still going and happy for everything the admins do." - Community Feedback

"I can understand this perspective, as I was once the one critical of Jiggmin for not doing more for the community." - Bls

"We aren't pushing new content on a regular schedule. We aren't making ground-breaking changes..." - Bls

"Communication has definitely been lacking from me, and I regret that that has been the case." - Bls

"AT THE END OF THE DAY. PR2 will NEVER see it's glory days again. It's the unfortunate hard truth that has to be stated. Flash games and web-games in general are experiencing similar fates. Kongregate is a prime example." - Eternal

"If you have a good idea for a contest, pitch it in CaM. Stay persistent. I can guarantee we answer every and all CaM threads." - Eternal

"I would simply ask that if we haven't responded in a few days to a thread you made in CAM that you simply bump your post. We promise that we'll get back to it eventually." - Dangevin

"If you have a question about something you can always DM me or ping me on the JV server." - Dangevin

Closing Remarks
    Please feel free to continue the open discussion below.
𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝑜𝓁,

𝒮𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓉
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Stunt For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, Camer the Dragon, Dan-83, Dangevin, EpicMidget, Eternal, GHSimon3, Janelle, JB, lalafox, Magniloquent, Master Raiden, Mia, Overbeing, Shane1334, TRUC, Uptight 534, zFury, ZRD

Messages In This Thread
JV and Games Community Feedback - by Stunt - 25th April 2024, 11:13 AM
RE: JV and Games Community Feedback - by Northadox - 25th April 2024, 8:49 PM
RE: JV and Games Community Feedback - by bls1999 - 26th April 2024, 1:52 AM
RE: JV and Games Community Feedback - by Minimania - 26th April 2024, 2:20 PM
RE: JV and Games Community Feedback - by EpicMidget - 26th April 2024, 2:45 PM
RE: JV and Games Community Feedback - by Minimania - 27th April 2024, 4:12 AM
RE: JV and Games Community Feedback - by EpicMidget - 27th April 2024, 7:54 PM
RE: JV and Games Community Feedback - by Mia - 26th April 2024, 6:37 PM
RE: JV and Games Community Feedback - by Stunt - 27th April 2024, 6:28 PM
RE: JV and Games Community Feedback - by Levente77 - 28th April 2024, 3:54 AM
RE: JV and Games Community Feedback - by Adulock77 - 28th April 2024, 4:47 PM