Poll: Post build pics (eventually) here or in a new thread?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
This thread!
0%
0 0%
New thread!
100.00%
2 100.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Debating a Budget Build
(29th June 2018, 6:34 PM)David Wrote: You should have looked at the case he picked, it states it fits an ATX PSU and has just enough clearance for that cooler

Thats not an extra $4, thats an extra $80 (but i'm guessing you meant an extra $40, which relies on all those rebates)

Also I'm not sure why you picked lower speed memory considering the other costs the same and especially because Ryzen loves faster memory

And why did you pick an inferior PSU? (sure the rebate would make it cost less, but rebates take a while, sometimes never even showing up) Yes it can output 80 more watts but 520 is still more than enough

I wouldn't consider the 8350k, you're better off with the ryzen 5 1600 at that price point like Legend suggested

Your new build looks great, but I would get a better case personally like the H500P Mesh, Fractal Design Meshify C TG, Lian Li PC-O11 Air (when it finally releases) or some others that are currently out and some yet to release so if you want more suggestions/options as far as cases go let me know. But if you're set on the S340, I'd suggest the S340 elite instead which has a tempered glass side panel and looks much more cool and allows you to show off your build better and give it more personality. Also you should try to color match best you can, on your list you have some white ram but I'd get red instead to match that GPU (although im guessing you are going for red and the white is just the default picture), also maybe a different motherboard to better color match but that is a good board you picked. But yeah overall good build

Yeah I know some of the parts aren't the best but I was trying to keep it as close to $1k as possible without going over. The extra $4 comment comes from the $990 price listed in the OP; $990 vs $994.

Messages In This Thread
Debating a Budget Build - by Fresh Cookies - 29th June 2018, 2:29 AM
RE: Debating a Budget Build - by __ - 29th June 2018, 5:53 AM
RE: Debating a Budget Build - by Legend - 29th June 2018, 4:56 PM