Skilled Trades
In Australia, we have a thing called TAFE, Technical and Further Education. It's basically trades uni/college. You get hands on workshops, employment options and learn from workers in the industry you'd like to work in.
I never went to TAFE, I live in Croatia now anyway, so I don't know many of the specifics, but TAFE is a popular option for many. All the tradies, sparkies and chippies (translated: tradesmen, electricians and carpenters) usually go to TAFE and it's state run with low fees.
I graduated 2016 and I believe over half of my grade went to uni/college with some going to TAFE and some taking a gap year, which I took two of. x)
I plan to go to university next year, but I'm not so sure how that will work out. I may have to move to Zagreb and board with my extended family, let alone fees and juggling work and whatever studies I end up taking, most likely law/business or language studies (to become a consular official etc.).
I'm not really sure if America has anything like this, but it's a good option for hands-on workers.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Drexxo

Messages In This Thread
Skilled Trades - by Drexxo - 13th July 2018, 7:30 AM
RE: Skilled Trades - by Uptight 534 - 13th July 2018, 8:34 AM
RE: Skilled Trades - by Drexxo - 13th July 2018, 8:39 AM
RE: Skilled Trades - by bls1999 - 13th July 2018, 8:55 PM
RE: Skilled Trades - by thique - 13th July 2018, 10:13 PM
RE: Skilled Trades - by gemj - 14th July 2018, 5:05 AM
RE: Skilled Trades - by ZXD - 12th December 2018, 2:10 PM