Twister right in front of my eyes
Eek 
So yesterday I caught this twister on camera. It was pretty freaky. Never seen this in Florida. Have you guys ever been in a situation similar to this?

About three weeks ago there was a funnel cloud in my city (MO), which caused a tornado warning and a bunch of sirens. Unfortunately, a lot of buildings and trees obstructed my view of seeing most of it. Then my school (living in an on-campus dorm) forced us to go to the basement so I could not get to see most of it pass. Weather is so cool, so I was disappointed.

Probably ten (?) years ago, back at my permanent area (NJ), there was a funnel cloud coming down. I was at a soccer event with my team at the good ole' (Gone, but not Forgotten) Giants Stadium (played a scrimmage on the field). Then we got evacuated into a basement area of the stadium.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
I mean, it is Florida what can you expect. Every time I'm there something wild is happening with the weather
[Image: VnNsnRk.gif]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to thique For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(17th July 2018, 9:47 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: About three weeks ago there was a funnel cloud in my city (MO), which caused a tornado warning and a bunch of sirens. Unfortunately, a lot of buildings and trees obstructed my view of seeing most of it. Then my school (living in an on-campus dorm) forced us to go to the basement so I could not get to see most of it pass. Weather is so cool, so I was disappointed.

Probably ten (?) years ago, back at my permanent area (NJ), there was a funnel cloud coming down. I was at a soccer event with my team at the good ole' (Gone, but not Forgotten) Giants Stadium (played a scrimmage on the field). Then we got evacuated into a basement area of the stadium.

Are you near St. Louis? We had the same thing a few weeks ago here, someone at my work said there was a tornado somewhere on the Mississippi. Pretty interesting, instead of seeking shelter me and my neighbors were stood out on the sidewalk just watching it roll through
[Image: SQvuBgg.png]
Holy cow! I'm glad you're okay. I've been in the middle of a hurricane before, but never a twister. That's some scary stuff. Again, I'm very glad you're okay.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
In 2011, when I lived in Brisbane, Australia, we were hit hard with some of the worst floods the state (Queensland) had ever seen. It mainly impacted towns north of the city, such as Emerald, Rosalie and Rockhampton (I think). My area was hit significantly, cause we were also north of the city. We were trapped in our house for a good couple of days and survived purely off of my mother's rice plov and water considering the pipes weren't cut. We had water halfway up our door (two-storey house) and on the final day it reached the second storey. Eventually the ordeal was over but it was pretty scary for 12-year-old me, my mother and my baba (grandmother). I think 11 people died.

It wasn't over though.

Later that month we had a category 5, later 4, cyclone/hurricane hit way north of our shelter (we were moved from our home) and it was predicted to chuck a uey and veer down to us in the south. Luckily, it didn't, but a lot of food growers were affected by the cyclone so food was low and waters were still rising in some areas.

That's the only real weather event I've been in, to my memory. No tornadoes or snowstorms in Australia so can't really relate too well to you guys, but I grew up in the most weather-event prone city in the country. Tongue

Edit: Ever since the floods the Brisbane river has been brown lmao
Back in 2003 my hometown was really badly directly hit by a tornado. Nearly the entire business district and more than 250 homes were completely destroyed, along with 3 people dead and numerous injured. Meanwhile my family and I were having a nice time at the zoo that day.

edit: photo removed, i'd rather everyone not know where i graduated from thanks
(17th July 2018, 11:40 PM)Rank Wrote: Are you near St. Louis? We had the same thing a few weeks ago here, someone at my work said there was a tornado somewhere on the Mississippi. Pretty interesting, instead of seeking shelter me and my neighbors were stood out on the sidewalk just watching it roll through

Yes, I am in St. Louis so we are probably talking about the same event.
Woah, that looks both awesome and terrifying, all at the same time. I've never actually seen a big one close up, but that must've been pretty scary to be in close proximity.

Stay safe out there!
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Zelante For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
Only thing we get in California are earthquakes and fires.
We've had decent earthquakes out where I live but no big ones.
We have actually had fires come right up to our house... good thing we had cement board siding (fireproof).
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
(18th July 2018, 5:33 AM)Uptight 534 Wrote: Yes, I am in St. Louis so we are probably talking about the same event.

Hah nice. It was pretty crazy, first time I've heard the tornado sirens here. Anyways all you really missed was some power outages and some damage in North County and East St. Louis. Fallen trees, power lines, etc.
(18th July 2018, 12:07 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: Only thing we get in California are earthquakes and fires.
We've had decent earthquakes out where I live but no big ones.
We have actually had fires come right up to our house... good thing we had cement board siding (fireproof).

how'd you get from Denmark to California? hmm? 🤔
(18th July 2018, 5:35 PM)gemj Wrote: how'd you get from Denmark to California? hmm? 🤔

Moved here when the Lego Land resort opened up.
Wanted to live near nice, sandy, warm beaches.
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
(18th July 2018, 2:51 PM)Rank Wrote: Hah nice. It was pretty crazy, first time I've heard the tornado sirens here. Anyways all you really missed was some power outages and some damage in North County and East St. Louis. Fallen trees, power lines, etc.

“Damage in East St. Louis.” How can you damage that place anymore? It is already a wasteland.
(18th July 2018, 10:23 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: “Damage in East St. Louis.” How can you damage that place anymore? It is already a wasteland.

True. We'd all probably be better off if it were destroyed by a tornado tbh