Poll: Does my idea sound like a good one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yeah!
100.00%
1 100.00%
Nope.
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Game] Über Pool High Scores Bug AND Suggestion!
So I was sweating on Über Pool and got a score of 6100, yet my name never showed up in the high scores even after I submitted my score. I kept checking but nothing ever showed up.
This is a bug notice partnered with a suggestion;
For Über Pool (and other games that are applicable) I think only one highscore should be registered under one specific name, with that highscore being able to change, as is present in so many other games.
For example, @Lego-man945 has like 3 or 4 highscores under his name. Instead of this constant registering of different highscores, how about if only one highscore is attributed to each name typed in? Considering we've already made changes to Click Upon Dots, I think this could be in order.

If this makes it to Motley Monday, then...

Subscribe now to Ben Suchwow!

kthxbye

Edit: I played some more and got a higher score, but that's not really the point.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Stxtics
This would be helpful.
I don't really care for scoreboards that are flooded with the same people 10x over.
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
@gemj can you give me more details?
- What name did you use?
- How can I replicate the problem?
- Do you know what the server returned? If not, can you try to replicate it and find out?

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(7th August 2018, 7:21 PM)bls1999 Wrote: @gemj can you give me more details?
- What name did you use?
- How can I replicate the problem?
- Do you know what the server returned? If not, can you try to replicate it and find out?

- I used 'gem' (which I used multiple times)
- Well, it was a score of 6100 I mean, I clicked 'Submit Score' and it just didn't show up so I dunno if it can be completely replicated.
- I clicked 'Submit Score' and the leaderboard didn't update. It was a good score so I backed out to the main menu and clicked 'Highscores' there. Still nothing. I can't be overly sure why or what happened to cause it, seeing the game itself is simplistic and doesn't have popups or anything like PR2 (e.g. 'Pick the Cat').

Really I'm not fussed on the score. I'd rather the game be fixed/made better!
(7th August 2018, 8:14 PM)gemj Wrote: - I used 'gem' (which I used multiple times)
- Well, it was a score of 6100 I mean, I clicked 'Submit Score' and it just didn't show up so I dunno if it can be completely replicated.
- I clicked 'Submit Score' and the leaderboard didn't update. It was a good score so I backed out to the main menu and clicked 'Highscores' there. Still nothing. I can't be overly sure why or what happened to cause it, seeing the game itself is simplistic and doesn't have popups or anything like PR2 (e.g. 'Pick the Cat').

Really I'm not fussed on the score. I'd rather the game be fixed/made better!

Yeah, I'd like to try to fix that issue though. It's no bueno when scores don't log. :/
I think I know the cause, so I'll patch that this week/weekend.

Also, regarding scores updating; I'm not sure if that would be something I'm interested in doing re: data integrity, but I don't have a strong opinion either way.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
  • gemj
(8th August 2018, 4:18 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Yeah, I'd like to try to fix that issue though. It's no bueno when scores don't log. :/
I think I know the cause, so I'll patch that this week/weekend.

Also, regarding scores updating; I'm not sure if that would be something I'm interested in doing re: data integrity, but I don't have a strong opinion either way.

Cool cool, ty Ben <3

Poll? I'll change the 'is Ben thicc?' one or we can make a new thread and put it on MM.
(8th August 2018, 11:46 PM)gemj Wrote: Cool cool, ty Ben <3

Poll? I'll change the 'is Ben thicc?' one or we can make a new thread and put it on MM.

I'll edit the poll for you. I suppose we will never know if I'm thicc.

• gemj
bump for poll; I won't vote seeing I suggested
The bug should now be fixed! I just did a big upgrade of all the scores systems and changed a few methods related to time verification.

• gemj