Level of The Week
Bring back Level of The Week!

Why Platform Racing 2 doesn't have a level of the week competition still is beyond me... It's an easy competition to referee/judge and gives PR2 users more motivation to get creative in the level editor! When LoTW was running the prize was the Bubble Set, this could be another way to earn the sort after set.

Can a member of staff please bring this back  Bow
HeyO
Maybe you could bring it back!!!
If you wanted to participate yourself you can step down from judging one week and let the others judge!
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
I'd love to be involved somehow
My levels are so pro I would win every week Wink
I'm pretty sure a lot of people have tried bringing it back, including myself. It always seems like it's not going to work out. It's the best contest we've ever had. I've won it 3 times. Just seems like we ain't going to have it back. Someone maybe pulls it off, and we'll have it again! Although there probably won't be so many level submissions.
We are always open for someone to bring it back. It would require a pretty solid structure though.
(19th August 2018, 3:47 PM)Eternal Wrote: We are always open for someone to bring it back. It would require a pretty solid structure though.

This. It might have to be a fortnightly or monthly rendition, but it's definitely something I'd want to see make a return. I would even go as far as to make a new chat command that would display the level of the day.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
The reason why it died in the first place was that it's been around for a long time, and it got ran out dry.

The people who wanted to win lotw won lotw and a lot of the quality of the levels diminished and competition was going down as time passed.
(22nd August 2018, 10:28 PM)DivineZerinus Wrote: The reason why it died in the first place was that it's been around for a long time, and it got ran out dry.

The people who wanted to win lotw won lotw and a lot of the quality of the levels diminished and competition was going down as time passed.

Dwindling activity is and always has been the kryptonite of JV's contests system. The trick is to adjust the contests to fit the dwindling activity. In the final months of JV, lots of contests closed and/or were put on hiatus because the hosts didn't modify the operating procedures of their contests. For example, Campaign of the Month used to be Campaign of the Fortnight. If I had kept the fortnightly schedule, there would be no way to keep the contest open due to lack of community participation.

All of this to say: there are ways to make it work. The staff team will give any help possible to the contests we approve to award prizes. After all, if the contests succeed, the community is stimulated, which makes people happy and want to come back. Smile

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
Not enough quality levels are made nowadays to make this contest as viable as it used to be. I would know.

Even if the contest were a thing nowadays, most levels submitted would be previously made levels that (more than likely) have won in the past in the previous iteration of the contest.

I would love for the contest to be back. In fact, I never actually "ended" the contest... it just sort of went away after the original Jiggmin forums went offline. But that really does not change the fact that it was a rough few weeks of selecting winners near the end of the contest being around, and that there really is not a lot of originally made levels being produced now.
Dangevin