Poll: Which image should we use for the browser tab icon?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Leave what we have now
71.43%
5 71.43%
Use Zelante's icon
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

You Decide: Favicon
I've been thinking a bit about changing the icon you get on your browser tabs.

Right now it looks like this: [Image: favicon.ico]

@Zelante submitted a new mobile icon a while ago, and it looks like this: [Image: apple-touch-icon.png]

I never changed the favicon for the site because I didn't feel a need to do so. In my mind, there was a need for a mobile icon because we didn't have one at the time.

What do you guys think? Should we keep the icon we have or use @Zelante's icon? I'm pretty neutral, so I figured instead of making an arbitrary decision on my own, I might as well open it to what you guys want.

I'll close this in about a week, or once I get a feel for what most people are thinking (whichever comes last).

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
In my opinion, I feel that we should keep the original favicon, just for old times' sake.

I'm alright with the new one as well, although the original one holds a lot of historical value to it.
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
I think it might look nicer to remove the white background on the icons (make it transparent) and then have that. However I'm not actually sure how that would look yet so I don't know if that should be done.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Rank, xGuest
(22nd August 2018, 4:28 AM)Zelante Wrote: In my opinion, I feel that we should keep the original favicon, just for old times' sake.

I'm alright with the new one as well, although the original one holds a lot of historical value to it.

Although I would normally agree with you...
It was lack of change and updates that killed the old JV2...
And Zelante's just looks better Smile
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
(22nd August 2018, 12:35 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: Although I would normally agree with you...
It was lack of change and updates that killed the old JV2...
And Zelante's just looks better Smile

Very good point.

Also, my inspiration for changing the icon stemmed from being confused about which tab was which (PR2hub or JV2).

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
I prefer the new one
Hm, I've been looking at both of them closely now, and if we are to use the new one, for whatever reason, I guess you could remove the fade effect, so it's more visible (as in, contrasts with the white background)
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
The village has spoken! It looks like we'll keep the classic design.