[PR2 Bug] Unable to Chat in-game.
Hello everyone. I am currently using a 13-inch mid-2014 MacBook Pro (Retina), High Sierra 10.13.6, and using Google Chrome  Version 69.0.3497.92 (Official Build) (64-bit) as my main browser.

Since I have rejoined PR2 after all these years, I have discovered that I was unable to send any messages in-game or even chat in the main menu. I could type something and click send, but my message was not displayed at all. So sometimes I might be considered rude while playing with someone else when in reality I just couldn't send anything!

Private Messaging works for me though, somehow. And also, typing "/hint" somehow also displays the artifact hint.

Could anyone give insights into this strange bug?

EDIT: "BUG" is "Resolved", thanks everyone for helping! I was an idiot.
That's odd. A few questions:
- Is the bug persistent across accounts or just alvinalvinau?
- Can you take a video or screenshot of the bug?
- Is the bug persistent across browsers and/or computers?

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
- Are you playing on a guest account?
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, gemj, Rank
I've had the same issue before, but that was just due to poor connection, its either that or what Lego suggested
(18th September 2018, 5:01 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: - Are you playing on a guest account?

No. I am definitely not playing on a guest account.
(18th September 2018, 4:18 PM)bls1999 Wrote: That's odd. A few questions:
- Is the bug persistent across accounts or just alvinalvinau?
- Can you take a video or screenshot of the bug?
- Is the bug persistent across browsers and/or computers?

Ok, so this happened. I went in my account and typed something into the chat, it didn't show up as usual. Then I logged out and entered as a guest, and somehow I saw my comment that alvinalvinau had typed earlier.

So I'm guessing that it did actually show the message to everyone but not myself.

The strange thing is that when I re-logged in as alvinalvinau, the message disappeared again.

I'll try to provide a video.
Did you add yourself to your ignore list?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Legend For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Battlealvin2009, bls1999, gemj
(19th September 2018, 1:06 PM)Legend Wrote: Did you add yourself to your ignore list?

Oh whoops, that was it. I didn't even know why I did that in the first place. Thanks everyone for helping!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Battlealvin2009 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, gemj, Rank, ZXD
(19th September 2018, 1:09 PM)Battlealvin2009 Wrote: Oh whoops, that was it. I didn't even know why I did that in the first place. Thanks everyone for helping!

happens to the best of us
Surprised PR2 still allows you to do that. In PR1 if you try to ignore yourself, it says that "You can't ignore your self, silly."
               Friendly Gamer and car enthusiast. Feel free to add me on Steam or on the Nintendo Switch if you have one!
                                                                     Click here to add me on Steam!
                                                                  Nintendo Friend Code: 3379-6009-5501
                                                                                 Inspirational Quote
                                                          [Image: mczzo9.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZXD For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, gemj
(19th September 2018, 8:41 PM)ZXD Wrote: Surprised PR2 still allows you to do that. In PR1 if you try to ignore yourself, it says that "You can't ignore your self, silly."

That's because I was in charge of the server for PR1. Tongue
I just submitted a fix to the PR2 repo.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Battlealvin2009, gemj, ZXD