Poll: do you drink?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
often
33.33%
26 33.33%
never
37.18%
29 37.18%
have tried it
26.92%
21 26.92%
daily
2.56%
2 2.56%
Total 78 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

do you drink?
How did you manage to miss an ''occasionally'' option? I drink about once every other month
If I do drink. It would be Billy Mav’s (Maverick’s).
Pineapple, Coconut, BIG Banana, 2 BIG meat patties & a ooshy mama! 

haha,

yes
To be honest, I'm not sure if church wine counts. If it does, then well... I tried it. I don't drink on a daily basis though. What I don't understand is how people can manage to drink spirits often without cringing at the taste.
(29th November 2017, 3:18 PM)Rainstorm Wrote: To be honest, I'm not sure if church wine counts. If it does, then well... I tried it. I don't drink on a daily basis though. What I don't understand is how people can manage to drink spirits often without cringing at the taste.

to be honest, i think people actually drink alcohol because of the effect and not because of the taste. because it does (for the most part) taste like garbage.
for example; drinking can help you forget, or it can just help make a good time a better time.
(29th November 2017, 4:13 PM)Villager Wrote: to be honest, i think people actually drink alcohol because of the effect and not because of the taste. because it does (for the most part) taste like garbage.
for example; drinking can help you forget, or it can just help make a good time a better time.

I disagree. It may seem like that when you just view the younger audience (i.e. stereotypical college), but for older adults, they drink because of the taste (tastes good, pairs well with certain food, etc.). As for the tasting terrible claim, alcohol is an acquired taste that I think people enjoy more as they age.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Kursed, Villager
I don't understand how anyone can like the taste of wine though
I like how the poll goes from 'have tried it' straight to 'often' Big Grin

I'd say once every week or two myself, don't particularly have a taste for alcohol though
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1python64 For This Useful Post:
  • ProClifo, Roevhaal
(29th November 2017, 12:52 PM)waternoobe Wrote: I assume not alcohol. Yes, everyday.

I want to take away those reindeer feet of yours, it makes me want to die ;-;
- Bluelightning

[Image: Signiture.png]
(29th November 2017, 4:13 PM)Villager Wrote: to be honest, i think people actually drink alcohol because of the effect and not because of the taste. because it does (for the most part) taste like garbage.

at first i hated alcohol's taste, in any drink for that matter. Now i've learned to appreciate a good beer and have become a tad Appreciative in select wines.
I do drink, not too often. Lets say about every week or so. I'm not a fan of many beers, but harder liquor like whiskey, rum, and vodka I enjoy thoroughly.
Big Brother Council is ALWAYS watching
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: rApGaCt.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Resarekt For This Useful Post:
  • Mars
Rofl you crazy dude; I'd take a beer over hard alcohol any day. I also love how you didn't mention Tequila.
(29th November 2017, 9:02 PM)Kursed Wrote: Rofl you crazy dude; I'd take a beer over hard alcohol any day. I also love how you didn't mention Tequila.

That’s the only hard liquor I haven’t had yet lol. But yeah I only like a few beers.
Big Brother Council is ALWAYS watching
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: rApGaCt.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coffee? Yes by the tanker load.
Liquor: No thanks
(28th November 2017, 4:16 PM)Saurus Wrote: oh jesus who told him about this forum????

to stay on topic, i have tried it but the cons heavily outweigh the pros, in my opinion it is a thousand times more amusing to watch your closest friends drink themselves crazy and record their ridiculous behavior for future memories

being around a bunch of drunk people is kind of intoxicating on its own

That's why you don't drink too much around other people. Drinking a lot by yourself is the best, so it'll be way harder to embarrass yourself like that.
Yea all the time
From time to time i do, Yes
you couldn't add a gap between "Often" and "I've tried it"
(1st December 2017, 6:54 PM)ProClifo Wrote: you couldn't add a gap between "Often" and "I've tried it"

not like you'd benefit from it
My first drink was when I turned 21. Never desired it really since I associated alcohol with my dad who drank often. But these days, yeah, I'll drink a little in a social setting. I've come to find I really, really dislike beer. It's either too bitter or bland, so what's the point of drinking it if I'm not enjoying it, y'know? Wine is fair. What I really like are margaritas and rum (coconut rum, oh my).