thoughts on Kartridge?
So if you don't know, the company that hosts Kongregate has recently launched a new site/application, also revolving around flash games. I'm considering whether to actually invest some time in the platform, considering it's potentially a hosting space for PRF and I've heard a little about some of the games there from scattered sources.

Based on a browse from a couple months back and one just recently, I'm not really a big fan so far. It's just, why? Of course, I'm not technical at all, but I think Kong was perfectly fine as a platform, if a bit old. It still has an active playerbase, and it's not like there was anything overly wrong with it, to my knowledge.

Of course, with the whole flashpocalypse happening in 2020 or whatever, I assume (and Ben's probably told me this) that's the reason for the change in everything, but still: my progress is all reset even though I transferred my Kong, everything looks way too, to put it plainly, weird and modern, for any old time player like me and many of us here, and I just can't bring myself to really like the new site. Also, 'Kart' doesn't work as well as 'Kong'.

I don't really know how many of you have even heard of Kartridge yet, but for those of you who may have, please share your opinions. This is a blog 'cause it's my own personal interest sparking the discussion.
Yeah I have used it a bit also and it seems most, if not all of the games with badges are flash games.

When I heard about Katridge I assumed it would not have any flash games so I was disappointed when I found out it did. And like you said about using the same Kong account doesn't transfer what you have which is also disappointing. The only thing you get from using your old kong account is the join date and I guess friends and followers also.

As of now there is 70 people in the general chat and 4 other chat rooms with less than 10 people.

There isn't even a private messaging system.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
I considered bringing this hosting site up...
But I don't think it would fit the best interests of the community.
(shrug)
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
(4th November 2018, 8:36 AM)Stxtics Wrote: Yeah I have used it a bit also and it seems most, if not all of the games with badges are flash games.

When I heard about Katridge I assumed it would not have any flash games so I was disappointed when I found out it did. And like you said about using the same Kong account doesn't transfer what you have which is also disappointing. The only thing you get from using your old kong account is the join date and I guess friends and followers also.

As of now there is 70 people in the general chat and 4 other chat rooms with less than 10 people.

There isn't even a private messaging system.

Yeah, it's really not impressive. Didn't even realise there were chatrooms tho lol, the numbers are pretty sad, along with no PMs. Last time I checked there were 40,000 people on Kong (which was surprising), so what's even the big deal?