PR2 Client Bug Reporting Thread
Have you been plagued by a client bug since the dawn of time? Well, now's your chance to get it fixed!

Use this thread to post about miscellaneous PR2 client bugs. While I'm rehabilitating the code, I'll try to patch as many as I can.

I've already patched quite a few, including:
- Kong badges
- Prize popup flavor text
- Chat scrollbar/arrows being wonky
- Game music resetting if you close the menu without choosing a new song
- Art being cleared when loading a level with draw BGs off
- Sir feet outline in truly invisible/bubble feet
- "Phantom" levels appearing below the clickable area and messing with the placement of the play/cancel menu you get when entering a slot

Looking forward to squashing some years-old bugs!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Northadox, Shane1334, Zelante
Gonna start out by linking myself to this: https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1176

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
Time isn't affected by lag so if your lagging a level becomes harder to complete.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeremiah For This Useful Post:
  • Battlealvin2009, gemj
(31st December 2018, 6:01 PM)FlashRock Wrote: Time isn't affected by lag so if your lagging a level becomes harder to complete.

Only the big timer in the corner gets messed up.
At the end of the race it shows your real time.
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
when you edit and update a level with a password sometimes it losees the password
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John m. For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj
Race chat scrolling only scrolls one of the two textboxes. Simple solution is locking scrolling, difficult solution is making the two scroll in sync…

you can't login in caps anymore
and the santa hat freezes vanish blocks
I shall update this list, as I run into more issues.

Search by User Name / Level:
Code:
Error: Could not search levels.

Players > Friends:
Code:
SuperLoader::onComplete - Loaded data was not in expected format. readMode: url, data: {"success":false,"error":"Invalid list mode specified."}

Players > Ignored:
Code:
SuperLoader::onComplete - Loaded data was not in expected format. readMode: url, data: {"success":false,"error":"Invalid list mode specified."}

Account > Loadouts:
Saves stats and parts. Slight freeze (I assume, it is saving the information), but does not update immediately. It does, however, update once you click "Cancel". Loading works perfectly.

Player's Name > Ignore:
Code:
SuperLoader::onComplete - Loaded data was not in expected format. readMode: url, data: {"success":true,"message":"johner2000 has been ignored. You won't recieve any chat or private messages from them."}

Player's Name > Un-ignore:
Code:
error: Error #2032
The player is un-ignored, but the button still says "Un-ignore", rather than "Ignore".

Publishing Levels:
Code:

Options > Key Mapping
Every letter, except "A", capitalises itself, without the need to turn on 'Caps Lock', or hold down 'Shift'.
Note: this is more of a cosmetic bug, and does not affect the gameplay.
[Image: jAigvpy.png]

Rating Levels
Code:
SuperLoader::onComplete - Loaded data was not in expected format. readMode: url, data: {"success":true,"message":"Thank you for voting! Your vote of 5 changed the average rating from 4.72 to 4.73."}

Ice Block/Push Block

When crawling in a 1 block height area, if the ice block is right after arrows that are the same direction of travel, the ice blocks stops you dead on the track. It seems to me that the Push Blocks get pushed but the game still thinks it's there or something.

After that, you start moving again as if you were moving from a stationary position.
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Zelante For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
SuperLoader:EeknComplete - Loaded data was not in expected format. readMode: url, data: {"user_name":"","guild_id":0}

SuperLoader:EeknComplete - Loaded data was not in expected format. readMode: url, data: {"success":false,"errorType":"pass"}

Eek
[Image: 213.jpg]
(17th January 2019, 11:17 PM)Zelante Wrote: Search by User Name / Level:
Code:
Error: Could not search levels.

Player's Name > Un-ignore:
Code:
The player is un-ignored, but the button still says "Un-ignore", rather than "Ignore".

Publishing Levels:
Code:

Server; fixed in the next pull.

(17th January 2019, 11:17 PM)Zelante Wrote: Players > Friends:
Code:

Players > Ignored:
Code:

Player's Name > Ignore:
Code:
SuperLoader::onComplete - Loaded data was not in expected format. readMode: url, data: {"success":true,"message":"johner2000 has been ignored. You won't recieve any chat or private messages from them."}

Rating Levels
Code:
SuperLoader::onComplete - Loaded data was not in expected format. readMode: url, data: {"success":true,"message":"Thank you for voting! Your vote of 5 changed the average rating from 4.72 to 4.73."}

Server; will be fixed when the new client is released.

(17th January 2019, 11:17 PM)Zelante Wrote: Account > Loadouts:
Saves stats and parts. Slight freeze (I assume, it is saving the information), but does not update immediately. It does, however, update once you click "Cancel". Loading works perfectly.

Not sure I can speed this up. The delay is caused by accessing the destination/source on the file system.

(17th January 2019, 11:17 PM)Zelante Wrote: Options > Key Mapping
Every letter, except "A", capitalises itself, without the need to turn on 'Caps Lock', or hold down 'Shift'.
Note: this is more of a cosmetic bug, and does not affect the gameplay.
[Image: jAigvpy.png]

I can fix this in a future client build; make a suggestion thread so I don't forget!

(17th January 2019, 11:17 PM)Zelante Wrote: Ice Blocks
When crawling in a 1 block height area, if the ice block is right after arrows that are the same direction of travel, the ice blocks stops you dead on the track. After that, you start moving again as if you were moving from a stationary position.

I believe this is an intended gameplay mechanic. What's the alternate result you're expecting?

(18th January 2019, 12:59 AM)Acno Wrote:
Code:
SuperLoader::onComplete - Loaded data was not in expected format. readMode: url, data: {"user_name":"","guild_id":0}
SuperLoader::onComplete - Loaded data was not in expected format. readMode: url, data: {"success":false,"errorType":"pass"}

Eek

Server; will be fixed when the new client is released.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Zelante
(18th January 2019, 1:45 AM)bls1999 Wrote: Not sure I can speed this up. The delay is caused by accessing the destination/source on the file system.

It doesn't really affect the gameplay, so I guess it's alright. I'll leave this bit for either you, Jiggmin and/or the community to decide.

(18th January 2019, 1:45 AM)bls1999 Wrote: I can fix this in a future client build; make a suggestion thread so I don't forget!

Will do Fred

(18th January 2019, 1:45 AM)bls1999 Wrote: I believe this is an intended gameplay mechanic. What's the alternate result you're expecting?

If that is the intended gameplay mechanic, then leave it alone, I guess. I've probably forgotten that was a thing Tongue

I expected the character to push the block without stopping too much, but in a jerky manner.
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
(18th January 2019, 2:48 AM)Zelante Wrote: I expected the character to push the block without stopping too much, but in a jerky manner.

That probably makes more sense, but I'm not sure what to change in the physics to make that a thing. I think it's best to leave it as it is. :/

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
(17th January 2019, 11:17 PM)Ice Block/Push Block Wrote:
When crawling in a 1 block height area, if the ice block is right after arrows that are the same direction of travel, the ice blocks stops you dead on the track. It seems to me that the Push Blocks get pushed but the game still thinks it's there or something.

After that, you start moving again as if you were moving from a stationary position.

This is an intended gameplay mechanic.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Vipa For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
This is a bug that happens when you earn GP. It will keep flashing the amount of GP you got during that race even if you quit the level and starts playing another level. The only way to fix it is to refresh the page.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Vipa For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
cant get into my acc Frown
coz it doesnt recognize my acc and pw
(18th January 2019, 12:26 PM)Acno Wrote: cant get into my acc Frown
coz it doesnt recognize my acc and pw

are you sure that's a bug? i haven't heard anyone else being unable to login
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
A few bugs I found,

You can't see when another player has an item such as a Superjump, Gun and Mine (only ones tested so far).

When moving, if you press enter to type a message, your character stops moving completely. You can start moving again if you press the arrows, however when you press enter to send the message, your character stops moving again.
(18th January 2019, 12:42 PM)Stxtics Wrote: are you sure that's a bug? i haven't heard anyone else being unable to login
yes, recently i logged on and then suddenly i cant, and since i cant send the pw to my email either i cant access the acc at all.
i dont know if you can check logs on the game but i was on frequently in the past few weeks even moonfiredk can tell.
i had requested new pw recently and used the pw sent to me as the my current one so perhaps that got erased and my email too somehow?  Eek

update: nvm, its working now?!
The 60-second auto warning for spamming stopped working..
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Is it normal at this stage of the update to not be able to access our own levels? It crashes Flash when I tried loading my levels.