The Ultimate Cognitive Technique, myth or possible?
Question 
Well nothing much to to write here.. im just wondering if its possible to recognize how to play a map if you are yet to play it, is it possible to make up the necessary knowledge as you make your path across the map, or does the game merely comes down to right use of stats and memorizing the layout or over practicing till you know it all inside out?

I always wondered if its possible, given key factors must be there that explain why map makers apply given combination of areas but there is simply no way to study them all there are way too many map and good map makers in this game..

I'm not exactly sure what is the measure of skill in a game like Pr2?

~ E.g if it pretty much all comes down to finding out what is going on around you when it comes to the map and the layout correct?
Yet there is no key factors to measure by as many players as many maps, i oftne tried limiting the variety to force an advantage for the practiced player side, but perhaps its not the ideal way of playing a game, relaxation is the goal after all and good vibes, that would explain and justify the need for simplicity and recognizable art styles that stand out and achieve simplistic yet unique looks with minimalized work behind it.
[Image: 213.jpg]
This thread does so i dont trust my english anymore xD... gg exams in April hahah xD I understood nothing xD
Folding @ Home
[Image: sigimage.php?un=MoonFiredk&t=143016]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to MoonFiredk For This Useful Post:
  • xGuest
Big Grin 
(5th January 2019, 1:02 PM)MoonFiredk Wrote: This thread does so i dont trust my english anymore xD... gg exams in April hahah xD I understood nothing xD

Haha, sometimes i dont understand it either, no worries. There's always time to catch up, get out the good old dictionary or just google translate.. Big Grin
[Image: 213.jpg]
(5th January 2019, 1:02 PM)MoonFiredk Wrote: This thread does so i dont trust my english anymore xD... gg exams in April hahah xD I understood nothing xD

lol you're not alone xD
[Image: boomboomforalltid.gif?width=400&height=119]
skill can be defined through many aspects, especially in a game like PR2 but I think it depends on the person. trappers will of course judge skill based on trap maps while racers will do the same in regards to race maps. I think it's really down to both the map creator and the player in regards to what they're trying to accomplish both map-wise and skill-wise, if that makes any sense.
https://youtu.be/nzWZnEH8KDM

Yes, every map can be optimized to perfection.
Tool-Assisted Speedruns are a great way to see how far you can push the limits of a map.

I guess to answer your question it takes time to figure out the most optimal route. The Legend for example has a very counterintuitive route.

Stats do not matter when performing glitches to improve times. Suuper has a good map showing that you can do a corner glitch with only 80 speed.

*Side note* 96 has the same max speed at 100 speed so 96=100
86=94
76=84
66=74
etc

Save those stat points for your acceleration which is really helpful in maps with lots of turns!
(10th January 2019, 8:01 AM)Atari4600 Wrote: https://youtu.be/nzWZnEH8KDM

Yes, every map can be optimized to perfection.
Tool-Assisted Speedruns are a great way to see how far you can push the limits of a map.

I guess to answer your question it takes time to figure out the most optimal route. The Legend for example has a very counterintuitive route.

Stats do not matter when performing glitches to improve times. Suuper has a good map showing that you can do a corner glitch with only 80 speed.

*Side note* 96 has the same max speed at 100 speed so 96=100
86=94
76=84
66=74
etc

Save those stat points for your acceleration which is really helpful in maps with lots of turns!

You can corner glitch with less than 80, it's even been done with 9!
-AspectZero
Huh, 96 has same max speed as 100. Didn't know this.