[PR2 Bug] /pm adds new line to message box
Not really a big issue but it must be fixed or else
[Image: Ohwat50.gif]
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
or else what
(19th January 2019, 9:52 AM)gemj Wrote: or else what

what
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
(19th January 2019, 10:24 AM)Stxtics Wrote: what

or else what will happen if it's not fixed
(19th January 2019, 1:20 PM)gemj Wrote: or else what will happen if it's not fixed

what will happen if it's not fixed?
(18th January 2019, 11:50 AM)Stxtics Wrote: Not really a big issue but it must be fixed or else

Is that a threat? o_O

I know about this bug. For some reason, pressing the enter key to trigger the PM popup always adds a new line. I've been thinking about how to fix it but haven't quite come up with a solution that doesn't break PM composition in other ways. I'll keep at it and keep you updated.

(I have to point out that the gif you posted is titled "Ohwat50.gif" on Imgur's servers. If that's random, that's golden.)

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(19th January 2019, 2:47 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Is that a threat? o_O

I know about this bug. For some reason, pressing the enter key to trigger the PM popup always adds a new line. I've been thinking about how to fix it but haven't quite come up with a solution that doesn't break PM composition in other ways. I'll keep at it and keep you updated.

(I have to point out that the gif you posted is titled "Ohwat50.gif" on Imgur's servers. If that's random, that's golden.)

Oh wow I didn't even notice that was the gifs URL.

I don't really know how the PM popup works but is it possible on appearing it checks if it contains a new line (\n) and if it does then remove it.
(19th January 2019, 3:42 PM)Stxtics Wrote: Oh wow I didn't even notice that was the gifs URL.

I don't really know how the PM popup works but is it possible on appearing it checks if it contains a new line (\n) and if it does then remove it.

The problem is that they're two separate actions in two separate classes, so they execute [sort of] asynchronously of one another without formally declaring themselves as asynchronous. My plan would be to see if I can make one wait for the other.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
(19th January 2019, 2:07 PM)Stxtics Wrote: what will happen if it's not fixed?

what? okk hold on

so when you say 'or else' and I ask 'or else what', I'm essentially asking or else what will happen if it isn't fixed and it's not really a serious question

am I the only one who asks someone 'or else what' after they say 'or else'? :x
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Zelante
(20th January 2019, 11:46 AM)gemj Wrote: what? okk hold on

so when you say 'or else' and I ask 'or else what', I'm essentially asking or else what will happen if it isn't fixed and it's not really a serious question

am I the only one who asks someone 'or else what' after they say 'or else'? :x

yes
(20th January 2019, 1:30 PM)Stxtics Wrote: yes

my entire world is shooketh
Fixed in 153

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Stxtics