PR2 Client v152 is Released!
It's finally here! Below is the full changelog. I'm in the process of fixing some of the release bugs, so please bear with us. ?

Additions easily noticable by users:
- Made chat commands case-insensitive at the client level
- Guests can now use chat commands (view, guild, hint)
- Changed Fred the G. Cactus' artifact hint name color to admin purple
- Added detection of Guests to the player popup triggered by /view (will trigger the Guest popup instead)
- Using device fonts in more places (race chats, PMs) to unbreak some special characters
- Added verification measures to logout.php. As a result, the client now requires a password to log out if the user hasn't logged into the client instance at least once to prevent an exploit that involuntarily logs users out
- Added back "NEVER give your password to ANYONE" message on PM box
- Added a "random" option for music selection in LE (so you can return to random if you have already selected a song)
- Added page navigation to Campaign (for easier explanation re: Kong badges; default page changes instead of only accessible campaign) click for demo
- Added play as guest confirmation message if already logged in (prevent frustration due to accidental clicks)
- Added /pm command to chat
- Added gecko set
- Moved yeah.mp3 (artifact pickup sound) to the client instead of requesting from http://cdn.jiggmin.com/games/platform-racing-2/yeah.mp3 every time

Additions noticable to staff:
- Mods now edit a guild instead of deleting. Admins still have a button to delete.
- Fixed ban durations
- Added confirmation to de-mod button
- GUI changes to ban/admin menu placement (wonky placement fixed)
- Removed 1-min ban and replaced with 30-min kick on trial/perma mod menu
- Emblems can be "deleted" from the guild edit menu (deleting an emblem doesn't delete it from the server. I'm planning on making a script that lets admins find all emblems uploaded by a user-- or lets a user find all emblems they've uploaded)
- Client now detects mod type and group when promoting/demoting
- Trials now can't see and/or click some buttons permanent mods can (higher ban buttons, unpublish level button, edit guild button)
- Made PlaceArtifact.as listen for a response from place_artifact.php (now echoes a confirmation without `talk_to_server`)

Easily noticable bug fixes:
- Fixed prize popup flavor text
- Fixed KongAPI for Guests (this will let us get PR2 featured on Kong!)
- Misc chat fixes (namely scrollbar glitches)
- Fixed game sounds restarting if you haven't chosen a new song when the song selection menu closes (Event.CHANGE instead of Event.CLOSE)
- Publishing a level with draw backgrounds off no longer removes all art on a course
- Fixed truly invisible and bubble feet (no more sir feet outline)
- Fixed bug where levels would appear below the clickable area and make course menus appear at the bottom of the screen
- Fixed "Return to Lobby" button bringing user to a broken lobby page if not connected (due to disconnect)
- Fixed item glitch (lets you get any item you want on a level; click for demo)
- Fixed speed burst slow down sound playing when an item block is bumped (while speed burst isn't active)
- Fixed forfeit while drawing behavior (still shows the name of the forfeiter after the race starts)
- Fixed bug where EXP bar wouldn't show under certain circumstances

Cosmetic edits:
- Made save level graphic a bit smaller (no need to be so large)
- Made LE music selection graphic a bit more cosmetically pleasing
- Kong logo was updated (higher quality, slightly different but awfully similar)
- Level info popups no longer show a line on the bottom if there's no description
- Font for mouseover popups (level info, etc) is now arial instead of times new roman
- Changed chatroom count (?) mouseover popup to only read "room - num" instead of showing "online" after the number.
- Made email popup smaller so it's the same size as the change password one
- Tweaked LE settings buttons' language and ui
- Fixed rotate left block description typo
- Fixed cosmetic bug where chatroom names in rooms info popup would sometimes display two different fonts
- Included author with we are loud

Other misc. additions & fixes:
- Escape more text at client-level
- Sound quality export settings updated
- Added guild name to confirming deletion of a guild
- Removed page memory from Campaign upon logout (to allow the default Campaign pages to take effect when a user logs in)
- Cleaned IOError result from SuperLoader::IOErrorHandler (no double "Error" on flash error code)
- Fixed UploadingPopup not going away after IOError occurs
- Converted assorted files to JSON
- Guild menu now closes if open with a player popup when "View Levels" is clicked
- Trying to view a player that doesn't exist closes that player menu instead of loading indefinitely

Goals:
- Add new use for the moon hat
- Add more sets
- Revive community update suggestions (modern Motley Monday)
- Rename and organize more of the folders, classes/files, and variables

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • 4h3y, Acno, Addy, Ashley766, Dangevin, Emeiry, gemj, Janelle, Kursed, Magniloquent, Magyar, Northadox, Shane1334, Suckz, xGuest, Zelante
Very nice changelog, onward to the future!
Arrow
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Appah For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
Absolutely gorgeous. It’s been a long time coming. I’m very proud of you and the team working on revitalizing the game. Here’s to more (and hopefully regular) client updates, and more Motley Mondays!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, gemj, xGuest
Amazing, new client looks awesome!! Big Grin
original campaign in derron, this is lit
[Image: boomboomforalltid.gif?width=400&height=119]
(18th January 2019, 2:16 PM)xGuest Wrote: original campaign in derron, this is lit

All the campaigns are on all the servers, notice the page numbers Big Grin
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj, xGuest
Typing past the character limit allows you to continue typing but will remove any text that passes it upon posting, can we either remove the limit (assuming it's not harcoded) or increase it, with there being no real limit on how many times a user can post after themselves as long as it's not spammy there seems to be no reason to be forced into using "tweet sized" paragraphs instead of being able to contain all the text into a single text box.

In-fact it may actually be slightly more spammy to see the username of the poster multiple times rather than just once, Only real potential issue is people nuking chat with copy pastas or whatever but that is already possible with the current textbox size and character spacing plus there are mods to ban people for that kinda crap
Arrow
(18th January 2019, 1:47 PM)bls1999 Wrote: - Added gecko set

What is it? How does it look like? How to get it?

[Image: tenor.gif]
(18th January 2019, 3:16 PM)bart172 Wrote: What is it? How does it look like? How to get it?

[Image: tenor.gif]

Looks something like this:
[Image: l4hBraq.png]
You might be able to earn it by performing exceptionally well in a contest created by a famous gecko lover.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Zelante
(18th January 2019, 3:19 PM)Northadox Wrote: Looks something like this:
[Image: l4hBraq.png]
You might be able to earn it by performing exceptionally well in a contest created by a famous gecko lover.

In other words, it's the 'secret' prize for GGP
Good work
Does this mean I can revive a contest idea I gave up on a year ago because the prize I got approved wasn’t the one I was going for and no motivation to continue my contest?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
am proud of this community <3
(19th January 2019, 9:24 AM)Addy Wrote: Does this mean I can revive a contest idea I gave up on a year ago because the prize I got approved wasn’t the one I was going for and no motivation to continue my contest?

Feel free to post another thread in Ask a Mod. It's very possible that the standards for contest hosting and/or our philosophy on certain prizes have changed since you originally applied.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Addy
Caught my attention. This is great! Very pleased to see PR2 is finally getting some updates.
"- Add new use for the moon hat"

Reduce the level gravity by %12,5 (inclusive the reverse gravity)
4 Moon hats equiped = %50 less gravity
[Image: Ozaru-Fist-Signature-V2.gif]
(21st January 2019, 5:17 PM)Mariano.Z Wrote: "- Add new use for the moon hat"

Reduce the level gravity by %12,5 (inclusive the reverse gravity)
4 Moon hats equiped = %50 less gravity

You should put that in the Pr2 suggestions :p
Rip tabbox glitch
Life is a ? is it but death is a !. 
You never know what happens until it happens - ricky101/dotime
(18th January 2019, 8:40 PM)__ Wrote: In other words, it's the 'secret' prize for GGP

Ahh guys, back in the day it was so easy to win a set.. nowadays you gotta do the impossible to be one of the very few earning the new sets.. it's so sad.  Frown
a casual human being.
I come online here every 4-5 months or so. But hey. JV is still alive!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Magyar For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
(11th February 2019, 9:51 AM)Magyar Wrote: Ahh guys, back in the day it was so easy to win a set.. nowadays you gotta do the impossible to be one of the very few earning the new sets.. it's so sad.  Frown

I hope to have easier won sets in the future. Right now, new parts are being treated as rare since we're just getting back into the swing of updates.

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Magyar