Poll: Should there be a rank requirement to find the artifact first?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The result of this poll remains hidden until the poll closes.

POLL: Artifact Rank Requirement
There have been quite a few complaints recently about artifacts being found almost immediately. The staff team and I have discussed several methods of combating this, and we've decided to float this question to the community:

Should there be a rank requirement to find the artifact first?

If not this, there will need to be some sort of change to the way it is done. We're open to suggestions.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
(19th February 2019, 5:22 PM)bls1999 Wrote: There have been quite a few complaints recently about artifacts being found almost immediately. The staff team and I have discussed several methods of combating this, and we've decided to float this question to the community:

Should there be a rank requirement to find the artifact first?

If not this, there will need to be some sort of change to the way it is done. We're open to suggestions.

Yes.
I voted yes.
But I think that a time played system might work better.
I don't know how hard that would be to code though
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
Considering people can macro, I don't think a rank requirement will stop anyone that's dedicated enough or if it's even the right solution at all. If a rank requirement were to be implemented, then perhaps rank 30 could be a good middle ground. It's low enough in the sense that most members of the community are above that rank so it'll only really affect people using alts.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Legend For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Blazeth, bls1999, Camer the Dragon, Chma, ClassyElephant, Emeiry, Eternal, gemj, xGuest, Zelante
(19th February 2019, 5:35 PM)Legend Wrote: Considering people can macro, I don't think a rank requirement will stop anyone that's dedicated enough or if it's even the right solution at all. If a rank requirement were to be implemented, then perhaps rank 30 could be a good middle ground. It's low enough in the sense that most members of the community are above that rank so it'll only really affect people using alts.

This.

It's also comparable to the 'bonus content' that gets unlocked once you complete a story or a career in a game.

It could also help motivate new players to play longer, though this is a discussion for another day.
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
Two methods I think would work better than rank:

1. Account age (e.g. the account must be a year old in order to find the artifact first)
2. Times artifact has been found on that account (e.g. account must be found 5 times before you can find it first)

Although these won't stop people who have had many alts for a while from getting it first multiple times, neither will rank. But these things are harder to achieve than getting level 30, and can avoid the problem a little better.

Sincerely,
someone who doesn't have the bubble parts yet
[Image: 8bs0tw4.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ClassyElephant For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
Maybe a rank and # of hats requirement
Yeah I think rank 30 should certainly be the rank to set the requirement at if at all, and I like Classy's idea of account age but I think it would work nicely in combination with the rank requirement. A year seems too extreme though, maybe 6 months at the most and 1 month at minimum. This way someone can't just create a new account and macro it to 30 in a day and grab the artifact, they would have to wait longer which would further deter troll accounts from taking it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Camer the Dragon
(19th February 2019, 5:35 PM)Legend Wrote: Considering people can macro, I don't think a rank requirement will stop anyone that's dedicated enough or if it's even the right solution at all. If a rank requirement were to be implemented, then perhaps rank 30 could be a good middle ground. It's low enough in the sense that most members of the community are above that rank so it'll only really affect people using alts.

30 was actually the number I had in mind. The delay of getting an account to rank 30 gives others a chance at finding it in the meantime.

(19th February 2019, 6:59 PM)ClassyElephant Wrote: Account age (e.g. the account must be a year old in order to find the artifact first)

I think this is a great idea. 3 months would probably be the sweet spot IMO, but that's a discussion for a different day.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, ClassyElephant, Eternal, Northadox
(19th February 2019, 7:41 PM)bls1999 Wrote: 30 was actually the number I had in mind. The delay of getting an account to rank 30 gives others a chance at finding it in the meantime.

I think this is a great idea. 3 months would probably be the sweet spot IMO, but that's a discussion for a different day.

30 is fine.
But someone could just have an extra account sit for the 3 months.
I'm sure whoever is doing it has no end of accounts
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
Yes. This would be alot fairer for people who don't have the arti yet, but are striving to get it.
I also agree, 30 is a good number for ranks.

Think Spin
I don't know if this is already a thing but I would also suggest not allowing the account to find it first if it already has bubble set.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, gemj
(20th February 2019, 6:53 AM)Stxtics Wrote: I don't know if this is already a thing but I would also suggest not allowing the account to find it first if it already has bubble set.

100% yes
a single thank cannot do this justice Tongue
á
yes please, it's so annoying to see rank 1s with arti every week
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
Yes I agree with Bls, Legend and Classy. The rank 30 requirement is a good aspect and account age is another good aspect to combine with it.
In my opinion there should definitely be a rank requirement, there are to many alt accounts that has the bubble set (imo that's just annoying, especially since other people who actually "need" / wants it. It's just a waste of bubble set since poeple are just stacking on bubble accounts
Alrighty, it looks like there's an overwhelming amount of support for a rank requirement. I'll implement this sometime in the coming days. Keep an eye out of a new poll soon!