[PR2 Bug] Duplicate Names When Forfeiting a Race

When you forfeit a level, the username duplicates and the other person's name disappears. It happens in a race with 2 or more people
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
crayons are tasty
Big wtf

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj
(20th February 2019, 9:32 AM)bls1999 Wrote: Big wtf

Lol. The person I was racing with said he noticed it too, so I dont think it could only be on my end.
I managed to consistently get this
I was on 4 accs testing a 4p level and yeah all players see it

It was on a map which said "course didn't download correctly"

The top player kept getting replaced by the most recent forfeiter and the last player to quit didn't show up at all until they quit to lobby

EDIT: I'll take a few pics

EDIT2: Same behaviour with 2, 3, 4p
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj
(22nd February 2019, 2:20 PM)Camer999 Wrote: I managed to consistently get this
I was on 4 accs testing a 4p level and yeah all players see it

It was on a map which said "course didn't download correctly"

The top player kept getting replaced by the most recent forfeiter and the last player to quit didn't show up at all until they quit to lobby

EDIT: I'll take a few pics

EDIT2: Same behaviour with 2, 3, 4p

I believe the 'course did not download correctly' thing comes as a result of the publisher updating a level and the player trying to start the old version of the level from search or somethin'
(24th February 2019, 7:28 AM)gemj Wrote: I believe the 'course did not download correctly' thing comes as a result of the publisher updating a level and the player trying to start the old version of the level from search or somethin'

Yeah I know
I was thinking that caused the glitch because it's in a state of loading forever basically
also it happened yesterday again but on an actual race

Here's just a guess, but maybe it happens if at least one of the players hasn't loaded all of the blocks in the map yet?
á
(24th February 2019, 9:44 AM)Camer999 Wrote: Yeah I know
I was thinking that caused the glitch because it's in a state of loading forever basically
also it happened yesterday again but on an actual race

Here's just a guess, but maybe it happens if at least one of the players hasn't loaded all of the blocks in the map yet?

might just be an occasional glitch with no explanation
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(24th February 2019, 9:25 PM)gemj Wrote: might just be an occasional glitch with no explanation

True, but I think the "Course could not download correctly" is from when you just upload a level and you're trying to play it in newest too fast. I think you need to wait a little bit before playing the level
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(24th February 2019, 7:28 AM)gemj Wrote: I believe the 'course did not download correctly' thing comes as a result of the publisher updating a level and the player trying to start the old version of the level from search or somethin'

This is it; the old version and the new version don't match, so the game throws an error.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
*should be* fixed in 153.2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj