[PR2 Bug] Minor EXP Multiplier Visual Glitch
Problem: Exp Multiplier bonus displayed at the end of a race can be incorrect vs how much you actually get
E.g. When you have 4 EXP hats and it's HH, it will say "x6" because it just adds the bonuses
but since HH is applied after bonus it's actually a x10 multiplier like it should be, it just visually displays a x6

Expected Behaviour: Displaying "x10" with 4 EXP hats and a HH

Actual Behaviour: Displaying "x6" with 4 EXP hats and a HH

Steps to Reproduce the Problem: Gaining EXP

Additional Information:
Also in Campaign when you have 1 EXP hat it'll say "x2.4" bonus but it's not (I think it's more like 2.8x)

(Tryna get used to this format of post Tongue)

Pics:
á
is this obvious? I've never noticed this lol
EXP hats are nerfed to add .4 to the multiplier instead of the normal 1 in Campaign. That's why!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Gonna reopen this because I see the issue now...

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, gemj
(2nd April 2019, 12:51 AM)bls1999 Wrote: Gonna reopen this because I see the issue now...

Now I can finally edit in the HH picture lol
á
I think I'm gonna redo the entire EXP bonus system in place on the server. It's one huge if/then statement, which I kind of really hate. I want to create a "total multiplier" variable that can deal with the math and use some array magic to format the text notifications sent to the client.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, gemj, Northadox, Stxtics, xGuest
(2nd May 2019, 4:19 PM)bls1999 Wrote: I think I'm gonna redo the entire EXP bonus system in place on the server. It's one huge if/then statement, which I kind of really hate. I want to create a "total multiplier" variable that can deal with the math and use some array magic to format the text notifications sent to the client.

Can you keep it x10 for HH+4 Exp hats though it'd be kinda sad to be getting a lot less exp from it
á
(3rd May 2019, 10:08 AM)Camer the Cola Dragon Wrote: Can you keep it x10 for HH+4 Exp hats though it'd be kinda sad to be getting a lot less exp from it

As it is right now, EXP * 2 is a little much when done multiple times. On the other hand, it's been like that pretty much forever. I'll need to decide what I want to do about this.

Fixed!

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj