[Forum] @ing someone in an edited post
When you go to re-edit the post it looks fine but when it's displayed it shows all the raw formatting I think

EDIT: I think this only happens when the "@" part is added as a part of the edit
EDIT 2: Also forgot to specifically mention it doesn't update the edit count on the actual top bit of the post (the actual value is in the weird formatting) until you get rid of the "@" then it goes to what it should be
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Testing
@Camer999
@Camer the Cola Dragon
@Camer_the_Cola_Dragon
@Camer the Dragon
@Camer_the_Dragon

How come only the top one works
á
(4th May 2019, 5:38 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Testing
@Camer999
@Camer the Cola Dragon
@Camer_the_Cola_Dragon
@Camer the Dragon
@Camer_the_Dragon

How come only the top one works

When usernames have spaces you need to surround the username after the @ with " so for you it would be "Camer the Dragon" with an @ before it. Like this @Camer the Dragon

EDIT: I see this issue you posted in the main thread though. When I quick edited this post and pressed update it did a similar thing to the screenshots you sent. To fix it I just went to full edit and pressed update post so the issue must be to do with quick edit.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(4th May 2019, 5:48 AM)Stxtics Wrote: When usernames have spaces you need to surround the username after the @ with " so for you it would be "Camer the Dragon" with an @ before it. Like this @Camer the Dragon

EDIT: I see this issue you posted in the main thread though. When I quick edited this post and pressed update it did a similar thing to the screenshots you sent. To fix it I just went to full edit and pressed update post so the issue must be to do with quick edit.

It's weird you can @ with a previous name
like what if someone now were to change their name to Camer999, which would it go to?
á
(4th May 2019, 7:50 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: It's weird you can @ with a previous name
like what if someone now were to change their name to Camer999, which would it go to?

I don't believe the post gets changed over time so it would stay as you.

As for new posts probably the person with the name currently.

And I'm not sure if two people can have the same name so but if they did I assume it would @ the person with the lowest ID
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
Nice catch! I knew that was happening but had no idea what was causing it.

There's an update available for the mentions plugin, so I can try that. Hopefully, it'll fix itself I won't need to reinstall the whole thing. ??

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, gemj
Should be fixed! If it isn't, lmk.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj