Domain and Hosting Happenings
This one goes out to the more technical of folks.

The domain registrar for jiggmin2.com was charging a crazy amount of money for domain renewal, so I went ahead and transferred the domain the heck out of there. This new provider won't charge me double and is actually used by Jiggmin for all of his domains! So, saving money is definitely a plus.

This summer, I'm going to attempt to move the forum database for JV2 to an external server to remove the 30-user limit put in place by JV2's hosting provider. You may have noticed some downtime a few days ago... that was me testing how feasible a move would be. The good news is it worked like a charm! The bad news is it took about 10 seconds to load every page. I'm in contact with the support team over there to see what can be done about that abysmal load time. I'll keep you guys updated if there are any new developments.

For the less technical of folks, enjoy this picture of me doing technical things, colorized circa 2019.

[Image: giphy-3.gif]

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Dangevin, Eternal, gemj, Janelle, Lego-man945, Northadox, Shane1334, Stxtics
<3 <3 <3
thank you for your work Ben Smile
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, Shane1334