When server crashes, save parts and finish happy hour
When you get parts on a server and then it crashes, the prizes that you earned don't save. It's as if you never won it. It would be nice if it could still save even though it crashes. Another thing is, is that if a Happy hour is active on a server and the server crashes, it should "restart" the happy hour and finish the remaining time left. Can this be possible? What do you guys think?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Yeah
When a HH is activated, the time and server should be noted somewhere, and then a check should happen "Does this server have a HH less than 3600 seconds old on it?"
(but if multiple HHs are bought there'd have to be a number to store that somewhere)
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj
Most crashes happen after a certain number of database queries. Something about a packet limit shows up in the log...? I'll have to look into it more. Happy Hours would have to be restructured (again) to allow for server crashes... I'll think about this too.

For the crashes that aren't caused by the database freaking out, all player data (parts/exp) is saved appropriately on shutdown.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj
The frequent crashes seem to be fixed (knock wood!). I'll look into saving happy hours on restart.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
  • Ashley766, gemj
(9th July 2019, 1:28 PM)bls1999 Wrote: The frequent crashes seem to be fixed (knock wood!). I'll look into saving happy hours on restart.

Great!!
This should work! LMK if there are any problems.

• Ashley766, gemj