opinions on the current state of pr2
(7th June 2019, 2:10 PM)bls1999 Wrote: I was going to reply to OP, but Northadox nailed it. I'm going to respond to bi3liu instead. Responses are bolded, inline.

There's a lot of really good stuff here and I want to thank you and Saurus for sharing your thoughts. Please, if anyone else has any concerns, don't hesitate to let us know.

I can see your viewpoint behind why many of the updates were passed. The thing is, the tradeoff for some of the more impactful updates are pretty controversial, and I am able argue for both sides for a lot of them. The unintended bugs also do not help. 

I know a lot of people who dislike the staff, and I am able to emphasize with them. A lot of them deal with bans. Well about appealing bans, in my case, I was banned for spamming levels back when there was no limit to publishing them, and I was reluctant to appeal them, as they did not last very long. However, a lot of people I know also had these minor infractions, and were did not appeal them, and would rather wait day or so. The thing about this is that there are a lot of people who had these one-off bans, and they are able to relate to those who got those longer ones. And I believe if too many people you know have gotten banned, and there are a few of them who really speak out about it, there starts to be a negative viewpoint about the mods/admins. 

The reason I say pr2 is in a mess, is that there is like a division in how one views the staff. There's some people who really dislike the staff members, due to their personal run-ins with them, or how the group they are in share a similar mindset, and for them, it is really hard to justify the actions of a mod/admin, because it is easy to point out all the bugs and mistakes they have made. There's also some people who look up to the staff members, as they were not as impacted by the actions of staff, and despite the small incidents that were made on the path, the staff members all have good intentions, and in the end there are tangible results. Kudos to you if you do not share either viewpoint. 

Anyways, I would like to thank you guys for still going on to update pr2 despite all the criticism and the fact that it's a 11 year old flash game. I feel that it sometimes must suck to be a mod/admin. But hopefully you guys keep striving to improve this game (tho idk what will happen when/if prf comes) and somehow make amends with each other.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bi3liu For This Useful Post:
  • gemj

Messages In This Thread
opinions on the current state of pr2 - by Saurus - 6th June 2019, 5:11 PM
RE: opinions on the current state of pr2 - by Saurus - 6th June 2019, 5:16 PM
RE: opinions on the current state of pr2 - by gemj - 6th June 2019, 5:45 PM
RE: opinions on the current state of pr2 - by ~Bowl - 6th June 2019, 5:59 PM
RE: opinions on the current state of pr2 - by bi3liu - 6th June 2019, 11:36 PM
RE: opinions on the current state of pr2 - by bi3liu - 7th June 2019, 11:16 PM
RE: opinions on the current state of pr2 - by John m. - 18th June 2019, 4:18 PM