What happens if I shut off my computer?
If I shut down my laptop, do I need to restart my work unit or anything? What happens exactly? Confused
When you shut down your laptop, all the F@H work units stop immediately. I think you would need to restart your WU as FAH only runs when your computer is on
(11th June 2019, 11:09 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: When you shut down your laptop, all the F@H work units stop immediately. I think you would need to restart your WU as FAH only runs when your computer is on

what if click Stop Folding before? Would it pause the work and I could get back to it later?
(11th June 2019, 11:14 PM)VB.NET Wrote: what if click Stop Folding before? Would it pause the work and I could get back to it later?

yeah. When you click stop folding, it pauses it so you can return to it later. @Stxtics can double check?
(11th June 2019, 11:15 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: yeah. When you click stop folding, it pauses it so you can return to it later. @Stxtics can double check?

I'll give it a try, see how it goes
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to VB.NET For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(11th June 2019, 11:15 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: yeah. When you click stop folding, it pauses it so you can return to it later. @Stxtics can double check?

It paused  Smile I'll continue tomorrow, I gotta head to bed soon, gn
Yeah, the WUs just resume from where they were before but keep in mind that you will get fewer points for the WU as you took longer to do it.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • VB.NET
(12th June 2019, 6:04 AM)Stxtics Wrote: Yeah, the WUs just resume from where they were before but keep in mind that you will get fewer points for the WU as you took longer to do it.

accidentally shut down my computer without clicking "Stop Folding" the other day, though I quickly turned it back on and everything was okay, any idea why?
(17th June 2019, 12:42 AM)VB.NET Wrote: accidentally shut down my computer without clicking "Stop Folding" the other day, though I quickly turned it back on and everything was okay, any idea why?

wdym by everything was ok, are you referring to just folding @ home? because like i said it saves and resumes from where you were at
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
(17th June 2019, 6:19 AM)Stxtics Wrote: wdym by everything was ok, are you referring to just folding @ home? because like i said it saves and resumes from where you were at

ya, wasnt sure if I had to manually pause folding before shutting down my PC or if it would pause automatically. Looks like it was the latter, and as you said, it resumed when I turned on the PC again.