What do you want PRF to be?
I was reading this discussion on the GitHub page for PRF and it really got me thinking. Just what should Platform Racing Forever really be? As it stands, it's only programmed to play PR2 levels, but with how Gambiy had been reimplementing the old PR3 physics bug of hanging off of the edges of blocks, it got me thinking about just what identity this game is going to craft. Is it going to be a faithful PR2 port to a modern platform? A new game with its own physics, just with the ability to play old PR2 levels? Or a celebration of the entire franchise, boasting unique physics, PR2 physics, and PR3 physics? What kinds of new features will it add to make itself distinct? Will it unify all of the features in both games? Jiggmin did say that ambition is what killed the original PR4 plan, so perhaps it will remain a smaller game. It's far too early in development to tell just what it's going to be, so I just wanted to know the opinions of JVers. Who knows, maybe Jiggmin will read this.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • GambitAnimating
(17th June 2019, 7:20 PM)Northadox Wrote: I was reading this discussion on the GitHub page for PRF and it really got me thinking. Just what should Platform Racing Forever really be? As it stands, it's only programmed to play PR2 levels, but with how Gambiy had been reimplementing the old PR3 physics bug of hanging off of the edges of blocks, it got me thinking about just what identity this game is going to craft. Is it going to be a faithful PR2 port to a modern platform? A new game with its own physics, just with the ability to play old PR2 levels? Or a celebration of the entire franchise, boasting unique physics, PR2 physics, and PR3 physics? What kinds of new features will it add to make itself distinct? Will it unify all of the features in both games? Jiggmin did say that ambition is what killed the original PR4 plan, so perhaps it will remain a smaller game. It's far too early in development to tell just what it's going to be, so I just wanted to know the opinions of JVers. Who knows, maybe Jiggmin will read this.

I think combining pr2 and pr3 physics would be fun, theres things that stand out in both and I think bringing these together would be great. Until further notice I did take out ledge jumping though, we'll have to see what Jiggmin wants Smile Either way it'll be fun to code and help progress along with development. But considering the physics were not tile based I was assuming his intentions werent just for pr2 also he told me to pull request whatever I want so I did xd Maybe he didnt mean to the extent of ledge jumping but who knows!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to GambitAnimating For This Useful Post:
  • xGuest
I think it'd be cool to have old PR2 levels in a kinda separate mode, with PR2 physics and blocks
and then the new stuff as well, with the combined PR2/PR3 physics
but that might split the playerbase so it might not be a good idea
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • GambitAnimating
I hoping its a sequel to pr3/pr2/pr1 with new ideas, physics, unique artstyle and abilities you can do
The best thing from pr3r is the custmization of blocks, codes and, items. I hope pr4evr adds upon that and inprove what was lacking. For the pr2 stuff we're seeing so far I hope its just placeholder/base to start upon on, that can be used for inported pr2 levels that you can add new pr4 stuff on
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to platform guy For This Useful Post:
  • GambitAnimating
I want it to be a game that exists and can be played
tadiguess.com
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to tadtad For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
The physics of PR2 with the best features of both PR2 and PR3.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please donate to help keep JV Revival free for all.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Northadox, xGuest
(19th June 2019, 8:37 PM)bls1999 Wrote: The physics of PR2 with the best features of both PR2 and PR3.

This ^ and also a new version of level editor. Maybe some new physics we haven't seen before
"Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't" 💡 -Jerry Rice
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, xGuest
I remember jiggmin said he made creation as a test for pr4. I hope pr4 is still gonna take after that and have a system where you can enter and leave a lobby mode level at any time while its running and the owner can edit/draw while moving his character and grant other players permission to be able to contribute too. I imagine that would be fun for hotel levels. And that enter/leave system can also be used for spectate mode for regular maps