Why exactly is PR2 more active than PR3?
I am aware of the history of PR3, the Sparkworkz fiasco, all that jazz. At one point, PR3 had hundreds online at any given time, before Sparkworkz ran it into the ground. I don't expect it to ever reach that popularity again.

However, now that PR3 has been revived for quite awhile now, I find it interesting that it only ever has a few people online at a time, while PR2 has always had [While still low] steady activity. I find it interesting, because as far as I understand, there's nothing in PR2 that wasn't improved in PR3. It's objectively better in every way.

Is this due to people being invested in their builds? They've put so much time and effort into their levels that they're not willing to start over on PR3 so they can create even better ones?

On a barely related note, I wrote a blog about PR3 here
   https://hosorrow2.wixsite.com/mysite-2/p...m-racing-3
Since pr3r were made by fans all our accounts and levels/blocks were lost that had to be one big reason. I remember jiggmin said sparkworkz alowed him to reuse pr3's code because he owns it to restore pr3 but not the art. I think jiggmin should ask them for the data too so it can be used again or pr4 can have a pr3 level inporter too. Then we can see all our memories
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to John m. For This Useful Post:
  • Magyar
- PR2 has always been more easily accessible.  New players could stumble across the game, whereas with PR3 you have to be specifically searching for it, so it's revived state has had a harder time building an audience.

- PR2 was more popular overall back in the day due to it being on more sites and not being locked to a site that sometimes just didn't work.  People have more nostalgia for it.

- PR2 has always been playable and has had players stick around for that whole time because of it.  PR3 was gone for years and most of the old playerbase likely doesn't know it's even around now.

- PR2 seemed like the more social game of the two.  PR3 made it easier to find levels being hosted and make more interesting and complex maps, but I think a lot of people liked the more social aspect of asking around about what levels are being hosting, and of course levels like hotels were mostly there just to interact with other players.  PR3 had this, but to a lesser extent.

- PR2 has moderators.  Moderation has led to some unhappy people, but PR3 Reborn allows you to say/draw/do pretty much anything aside from hacking, which has driven a number of people away from the game.

- When it was first released and spread widely throughout the PR2/Jiggmin community, PR3 Reborn was unfinished and very limited.  I think some people had joined, saw that nothing was added yet, and forgot about it before the game was updated.  (This contributed the least, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tadtad For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, Camer the Dragon, JEEJAYEM, Lego-man945, Magniloquent
I agree wholeheartedly with @tadtad.

While your post is a good analysis of the franchise, there are some missing key points about PR3.
- Many people (such as myself) did not like the physics of PR3 compared to PR2.
- Likewise, many people (again including me) thought the custom blocks were confusing at best.
- All user data from the original PR3 was lost, frustrating and driving away some who were formerly loyal to the game.

Also, saying "[PR3] was superior to [PR2] in every way" is extremely opinionated.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Alex.L, Ashley766, Battlealvin2009, Camer the Dragon, JEEJAYEM, Lego-man945, Magniloquent, Speedblur, VB.NET, xGuest
(21st June 2019, 11:13 AM)bls1999 Wrote: I agree wholeheartedly with @tadtad.

While your post is a good analysis of the franchise, there are some missing key points about PR3.
- Many people (such as myself) did not like the physics of PR3 compared to PR2.
- Likewise, many people (again including me) thought the custom blocks were confusing at best.
- All user data from the original PR3 was lost, frustrating and driving away some who were formerly loyal to the game.

Also, saying "[PR3] was superior to [PR2] in every way" is extremely opinionated.

yep, miss my old account and levels. I made one for PR3 Reborn, but only played for a week or two a couple years ago and havent came back since
Personally I think the PR3 physics was by far the biggest turnoff. Everything felt way too slow, unless you were on an arrow block, in which case things were too fast, slippery, and spastic.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kwing For This Useful Post:
  • 1amayzingman, Camer the Dragon, JEEJAYEM, Lego-man945, Magniloquent, Noah.Kiniy
(10th January 2020, 10:32 PM)Kwing Wrote: Personally I think the PR3 physics was by far the biggest turnoff. Everything felt way too slow, unless you were on an arrow block, in which case things were too fast, slippery, and spastic.

The arrows have gotten more intense every game lol

PR1: Basically nothing
PR2: Good Speed
PR3: Will push you back going the wrong way AAAA very powerful
á
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • JEEJAYEM, Kwing, xGuest
(11th January 2020, 5:42 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: The arrows have gotten more intense every game lol

PR1: Basically nothing
PR2: Good Speed
PR3: Will push you back going the wrong way AAAA very powerful

PR4: Arrow blocks with the speed of teleport
[Image: boomboomforalltid.gif?width=400&height=119]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xGuest For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Camer the Dragon, Kwing, LuniFoxo
Because PR3 sucks. Pretty simple.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Eternal, JEEJAYEM

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Atari4600 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Bluelightning, Camer the Dragon, JEEJAYEM, LuniFoxo, Master Raiden
[Image: 20200128-073817.jpg]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • 1amayzingman, Camer the Dragon
pr3 is poop
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(12th November 2020, 7:25 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: pr3 is poop

let's hope PizzaEater doesn't see this
(12th November 2020, 11:16 PM)gemj Wrote: let's hope PizzaEater doesn't see this

i saw it
i failed the mario twitter challenge
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePizzaEater1000 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, tadtad
Personal opinion?
PR2 for me was always easily accessible, hella active and plenty do to.
PR3 I never warmed up to, didn't like it at all and the gameplay just seemed bulky to the eyes. Not sure how else to describe it.
Discord - Mikasa.A.Cain #0705 Steam - IziCain