MyBB Upgrade
I just got through updating the forum software on this board for the first time in about a year and a half. I fixed a few bugs along the way, one of which was that pesky glitch that caused infinite loading when clicking the thank button or posting a quick reply (surprise... that one was my fault!).

You might find a few things that look odd and/or a bit different in some way. This could be due to the stylesheet changes, so the first step to try to fix this is to clear your cache. If you've done this and you're seeing any random bugs or differences from the previous version of the forum, please let me know about them. Chances are I haven't noticed since I've been so busy with making sure the forum actually works after these updates. Thanks!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ajayci 100, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, gemj, Janelle, Lego-man945, Magyar, Northadox, xGuest
(28th June 2019, 2:25 AM)bls1999 Wrote: one of which was that pesky glitch that caused infinite loading when clicking the thank button or posting a quick reply

Yay Smile
á
sweet update!
Think I found a bug with it though :/
When you go to delete alerts it shows an error page...
Otherwise things seem to be working great Smile
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
I found a bug

I sent a message through PMs and it didn’t get sent. I thought I sent a message through the PMs but it was like it never happened in the first place.
@bls1999
(28th June 2019, 4:34 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: Think I found a bug with it though :/
When you go to delete alerts it shows an error page...
Otherwise things seem to be working great Smile

I'm not able to reproduce this.

(2nd July 2019, 11:12 PM)Addy Wrote: I found a bug

I sent a message through PMs and it didn’t get sent. I thought I sent a message through the PMs but it was like it never happened in the first place.
@bls1999

Was this an isolated instance or repeated? If you get the "wait 5 seconds" page, you need to go back twice (once it's done) and resubmit.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
(3rd July 2019, 1:28 AM)bls1999 Wrote: I'm not able to reproduce this.

Was this an isolated instance or repeated? If you get the "wait 5 seconds" page, you need to go back twice (once it's done) and resubmit.

Happened to me too, but figured out that it might be due to the 5sec page. So I can confirm your answer
a casual human being.
I come online here every 4-5 months or so. But hey. JV is still alive!
@bls1999
Did a little bit more testing on that problem.
It only happens on the games page
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(3rd July 2019, 1:28 AM)bls1999 Wrote: I'm not able to reproduce this.

(3rd July 2019, 12:57 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: @bls1999

Yep, just tested this out. It gives you a "file not found (404 error)" on the games page.
(3rd July 2019, 2:14 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: Yep, just tested this out. It gives you a "file not found (404 error)"  on the games page.
Yep:

á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(3rd July 2019, 12:57 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: @bls1999

Gotcha. It happens on custom pages (ones not under the /forums/ directory). That means all the game and high scores pages, as well as the dev log and possibly a few other things.

I was able to identify the cause of the glitch, but I don't have time to fix it right now. I'll have it fixed within the next few days, and post here when it's done. Thanks for reporting!

Edit: Fixed it! I even submitted a fix for it on the alerts system's GitHub repository.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj