[Suggestion] Locking Threads
Is there any way to make it so normal people can lock/unlock threads they've made?
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Colind, gemj
While I like this idea, I think it could be abused in some way. Like probably make a limit as to how many times a person can lock their thread a day, or reach a certain number of posts to lock the thread.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(2nd August 2019, 2:09 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: While I like this idea, I think it could be abused in some way. Like probably make a limit as to how many times a person can lock their thread a day, or reach a certain number of posts to lock the thread.

I'd love to do this. The only way I can foresee it being abused is if users unlock their thread which was previously locked by a moderator. This was occasionally a problem on the original JV, but it didn't happen that often.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj
Maybe have it so player capabilities can't over-ride mod capabilities?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(3rd August 2019, 12:56 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: Maybe have it so player capabilities can't over-ride mod capabilities?

That would be the goal, although we don't lock threads for moderation reasons that often, so I doubt it would be a huge problem.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
Yeah my thread about the exp multiplier got locked before I could add a HH pic lol
á
(3rd August 2019, 7:34 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Yeah my thread about the exp multiplier got locked before I could add a HH pic lol

I personally lock threads more for organization than moderation. We lock every thread in Ask a Mod after the issue has been resolved just to keep track of what still requires a response. I lock threads in Bugs & Suggestions and PR2 Suggestions if they're not ever going to happen or have been implemented in a recent update. If a user were to unlock a thread not closed for a moderation issue, that would [most of the time] be fine.

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
bump
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
smol bump 2 years later, pls 🥺
I totally forgot about this thread lol
I like this idea, @bls1999 a idea I have for this is maybe once a person unlocked their thread, it'll give an alert to the PR2 Staff, JV2 Staff, etc and maybe provided a small statement of why it wants to be unlocked?

For Example; I asked @Stxtics to locked my PR2 Exp Bar thread because I wanted to but if I hit "unlock" on my own thread 'because I want to update it and let the community talk in the comment section'

Also, another idea just had while writing is that maybe just send an alert to the person who lock/unlock the thread in the first place instead of everyone cause the notification can be crazy lol.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Colind For This Useful Post:
  • Stxtics
This is done! There's now a button at the top-left of threads you create that allows you to open or close your thread. Anyone who's a Member or above (10+ posts) can lock their threads, and anyone who's an Ultimate Member or above (200+ posts) can open their locked threads.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Colind, Different, Janelle, Lego-man945, Stxtics
Thank you