Prestige
It would be a bit complicated to pull off, and I dom't know how necessary it would be, but essentially "reserve" e-mail tied usernames from, say, a minimum of level 40 or those who have obtained a cowboy hat/tier 4 rank token for, say, a week once PR4 comes out. This'll doubly serve as a way to inform the userbase that PR4 is out if they may not be keeping in the loop, and perhaps with a little badge it'd show newer people that "hey, this is somebody that might know what they're doing".
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Fresh Cookies For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Are you saying something along the lines of a PR newsletter type deal?
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
(22nd November 2019, 12:54 AM)Lego-man945 Wrote: Are you saying something along the lines of a PR newsletter type deal?

he wants, if users can connect their PR2 account/username to PRF or something along those lines, for a certain prestige of PR2 player to have a sort of icon or title in PRF that means they are an old hand of the series, which would be helpful for any new players on PRF who might not know the game very well (so with this knowledge they could ask questions etc.)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • $hake Junt, Emeiry, Fresh Cookies
(22nd November 2019, 1:20 AM)gemj Wrote: he wants, if users can connect their PR2 account/username to PRF or something along those lines, for a certain prestige of PR2 player to have a sort of icon or title in PRF that means they are an old hand of the series, which would be helpful for any new players on PRF who might not know the game very well (so with this knowledge they could ask questions etc.)
Very much this. Assuming those llayers that are, say, level 45+ would be quite knowledgable with game mechanics and the like. Also, for name security, so people that were well-known in the old game are known to be tbe same people in the new game.
  • gemj
Maybe have this be a thing that needs approval

so you don't get 100s of sim accs lol (unless that doesn't matter)
á
(22nd November 2019, 3:28 PM)Fresh Cookies Wrote: Very much this. Assuming those llayers that are, say, level 45+ would be quite knowledgable with game mechanics and the like. Also, for name security, so people that were well-known in the old game are known to be tbe same people in the new game.

I don't think we should base it on levels per se. I think the majority of this lasting community would be good for this role actually, and not all of us are over level 45..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Fresh Cookies
(23rd November 2019, 6:41 AM)gemj Wrote: I don't think we should base it on levels per se. I think the majority of this lasting community would be good for this role actually, and not all of us are over level 45..

I just chose level 45 as an assumed "If you're on these forums, you're likely at least this level", but I likely shouldn't have assumed that.
  • gemj
Hey I like the idea of having usernames reserved for the original people by email for a while.
Also it would be kinda neat if you can earn a hat in pr4 by playing pr2 and doing things like earning all non [email protected] hats and a certain rank like a neat challenge in pr2. Older players would hardly have to do anything
Isn't Jiggmin already transferring all pr2 accounts over to pr4?
If he is chances are it would be just like logging into pr2.
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • Fresh Cookies
(22nd November 2019, 3:28 PM)Fresh Cookies Wrote: Very much this. Assuming those llayers that are, say, level 45+ would be quite knowledgable with game mechanics and the like. Also, for name security, so people that were well-known in the old game are known to be tbe same people in the new game.
Physics wise I believe the game will be quite different as for "game mechanics" and new things added, so I think it'll take getting used to even if you have played pr for a while. Name security would be cool but I see no need for a special rank for pr2 players other than just wanting to stand out (I don't think it'd help people much)
If I received an email for each account rank 40 or higher I would crash my computer with a load of newsletters from BLS1999 telling me what everyone is doing this week.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Atari4600 For This Useful Post:
  • Master Raiden
Imagine having an account above rank 39
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Magniloquent For This Useful Post:
  • Fresh Cookies