Fall Damage
i woke up and thought of a random idea; fall damage.

From a decent height, players will fall and get hit on the floor and react as if a bomb hit them.

This can be an option in the settings whether if fall damage will be on or not.
choose your energy
I really, really dislike this idea since it just seems like an annoyance. I like the fast paced PR2 physics and having to worry about fall damage slowing that down would break that.

If it's a level setting then how are you to know until you play the level and experience it

Having it as a player setting, very very few people if any at all would turn it on
á
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, gemj, Rank, tadtad, Vaza
Fall damage only in death match??
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(23rd February 2020, 4:06 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I really, really dislike this idea since it just seems like an annoyance. I like the fast paced PR2 physics and having to worry about fall damage slowing that down would break that.

If it's a level setting then how are you to know until you play the level and experience it

Having it as a player setting, very very few people if any at all would turn it on
No, not a player setting. As a setting in a level.

Some people like making storytelling levels, or levels more realistic in relevance of an experience rather than a Race.
choose your energy
Could be cool in deathmatches...
Don't see it being used much otherwise.
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
(23rd February 2020, 7:16 PM)M!nt Wrote: No, not a player setting. As a setting in a level.

Some people like making storytelling levels, or levels more realistic in relevance of an experience rather than a Race.

It'd for sure have to be visible before playing the level (e.g. by background like how DMs, Obj, Eggs are clearly defined on PR2)

and would it be a blanket thing like "x blocks does y damage and/or stuns for z seconds"
since if it was changeable that'd be too confusing having lots of different levels having lots of different settings for when you take damage and how bad it is
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • M!nt
@Jiggmin

Yemlo and Co.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, gemj
(23rd February 2020, 8:55 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: It'd for sure have to be visible before playing the level (e.g. by background like how DMs, Obj, Eggs are clearly defined on PR2)

and would it be a blanket thing like "x blocks does y damage and/or stuns for z seconds"
since if it was changeable that'd be too confusing having lots of different levels having lots of different settings for when you take damage and how bad it is
Maybe there can be an aspect of PRF where when you’re about to begin the level, a popup window appears and tells you aspects of the level. Ex: Level Type: obj. Fall Damage(ON), Time:7:30 

something like that.
choose your energy
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to M!nt For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
I think it would be better if, instead of damaging the player, the falling impact forced them into crawling for a few seconds (like they've got "squished" by hitting a hard floor)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thales4000 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Lego-man945, M!nt
(1st March 2020, 7:20 PM)Thales4000 Wrote: I think it would be better if, instead of damaging the player, the falling impact forced them into crawling for a few seconds (like they've got "squished" by hitting a hard floor)

I support this for DMs. otherwise, no.
you could do that easily in pr3 with code blocks you would just have to make the code block check for a high downward speed. hoping pr4 could let you do more with custom code
I just don't see this kind of thing being useful for any update tbh
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to a7x3 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
If this gets added there should be an epic sound effect like the Roblox death sound but not exactly like it so Jiggmin doesn't get sued.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=656104&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Atari4600, Camer the Dragon
(5th March 2020, 12:57 PM)Stxtics Wrote: If this gets added there should be an epic sound effect like the Roblox death sound but not exactly like it so Jiggmin doesn't get sued.

Me shouting "A"
á
Try the “ouch” sound from pr3