[PR4 Suggestion] Lobby Design.
Every one probably imagines the PR4/F lobby as a nicer PR2-ish lobby. I have an awesome suggestion for a lobby that I think every one will be able to appreciate, though I do not expect you all to agree with it, that said, let's get started.

The lobby can be an open world, where players can run and jump around with out having to enter a race. In this open world, you could have "shops" that you can spend things such as GP on, and a door that takes you to your profile, where you can edit your character, colors, and view your daily/weekly missions -- back to the open world. The chat box, could be an optional setting. You could click an X to turn it off, and then open settings to turn it back on. Another cool thing about the open world lobby, is that you could have chat bubbles appear above their head when they say something, (admins and moderators could have colored bubbles and text?) and if you don't feel like playing a race, you could corner glitch, run around, jump up and down, and climb arrows, comfortably in the lobby.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to AspectZero For This Useful Post:
  • LuniFoxo
Too different imo
What really killed PR3 for me was how removed from PR2 it was, so I think PR4's lobby should be similar to PR2's

Also this lobby just sounds like a level but with lots of other distractions going on
á
(3rd April 2020, 10:09 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Also this lobby just sounds like a level but with lots of other distractions going on

kinda like minecraft's online servers?
This would be cool, but wayyyyyyyy too complicated to make
[Image: 3upJDfn.jpg]
(5th April 2020, 5:52 AM)mustangman Wrote: This would be cool, but wayyyyyyyy too complicated to make
It would not be too complicated to make.
-AspectZero
(5th April 2020, 10:23 AM)AspectZero Wrote: It would not be too complicated to make.
So basically you are suggesting a hotel map for the lobby.
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(5th April 2020, 12:21 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: So basically you are suggesting a hotel map for the lobby.
No, I do not mean a sky scraper building with several identical and mirrored rooms.
-AspectZero
(5th April 2020, 12:21 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: So basically you are suggesting a hotel map for the lobby.

Jiggmin said he made “creation” as a test for pr4. That always made me imagine how cool would it to be to have “social” game mode maps you could host in pr4. It can be similar to to the creation game concept that you can freely enter and leave at any moment, move around in a level, chat and be granted the ability to place blocks, draw art. That would be so cool for hotel maps. And if pr4 can improve on pr3r custom coding capabilities. You could make a in-level money system for it too
i would like it to be somewhat similar to pr2's lobby but also a bit unique or different to pr2 and pr3's
[Image: boomboomforalltid.gif?width=400&height=119]
Something that worries me about this idea is that people who don't know how to play won't be able to select a level easily. With PR2, as we know, it's purely click-based. I've had a few friends who have been really confused on how to start.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, gemj, Lego-man945
(6th April 2020, 2:06 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Something that worries me about this idea is that people who don't know how to play won't be able to select a level easily. With PR2, as we know, it's purely click-based. I've had a few friends who have been really confused on how to start.

Maybe could have a tutorial for new accs/guest accs
with basically pop-ups saying "here's character, here's stats, here's level, here's social stuff" (if it were to be a PR2-like thing)
á
this is actually a pretty hefty decision. like Ben said, this could be a hurdle for new players, plus it would completely change the look of the game as mentioned by Camer. I would personally prefer something similar to PR2, as I think some amount of PR2's original success comes down to its simplicity. there were so many wacky ideas out there with flash games at the time that I think the basic premise of PR2, that being the ability to race, chat and create with your friends, was something refreshing. for flash standards, it was a true pick-up-and-play multiplayer experience and its simplicity made it addicting. I think if we want to continue this and try to find success with PRF then we should stick to the recipe.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon