Folding in a sandbox
I'm just posting this in case anyone finds it useful but basically Microsoft released a feature for Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise, build 18362 or newer which allows you to fold in a sandbox. It basically runs the F@H client in a Hyper-V isolated environment.

This is useful if you have a PC that is only used folding (I think)

Here's a link for more info: https://github.com/microsoft/Windows-San...%20Sandbox
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  â€¢ AspectZero
How much extra ppd do you expect this to get vs a regular pc build?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  â€¢ AspectZero
(19th April 2020, 12:49 PM)Addy Wrote: How much extra ppd do you expect this to get vs a regular pc build?

It's still your PC so I don't think you'd get any sort of additional PPD boost running F@h in a isolated environment, would be less if anything. I only see this being useful if you want to dedicate a certain portion of your computer or servers performance towards F@h but as far as I'm aware only the CPU can be split for VM's (although if you got multiple GPU's you could dedicate 1 or more GPU's to a VM), and as we all know CPU folding is way behind compared to GPU folding so this is a pretty niche thing
(19th April 2020, 1:24 PM)David Wrote: It's still your PC so I don't think you'd get any sort of additional PPD boost running F@h in a isolated environment, would be less if anything. I only see this being useful if you want to dedicate a certain portion of your computer or servers performance towards F@h but as far as I'm aware only the CPU can be split for VM's (although if you got multiple GPU's you could dedicate 1 or more GPU's to a VM), and as we all know CPU folding is way behind compared to GPU folding so this is a pretty niche thing

I wanted to note you can split GPUs, however this requires specific tesla GPUs set up for nVidia GRID, a VMware license, and a LOT of work (and money).
So unless you're willing to spend $10000 on a GPU that does the same work as a $1000 gpu (for folding)... yeah

just buy 10 gpus kek
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to An|0n For This Useful Post:
  â€¢ David