New Music For PR2?
(26th August 2023, 9:16 AM)Different Wrote: @Adulock77 @Camer the Dragon @Mia How hard do you guys think it is to create music and not stumble upon somebody else's written work? The deal is, I created something, but I could have sworn that it sounds very familiar. Just the melody aspect of it. It'd be nice if it were royalty free work, but idk about this one. If it's not a hit song, maybe I can get away with it, maybe?

Sometimes it could be buried within your subconscious mind without even realizing it.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(25th August 2023, 4:39 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: There should just be a whole music update for pr2 tbf
along with a new sets update since there are loads that have been suggested too

Music is toggleable now so I don't really see any downside aside from selecting the music in a race might be a bit more finnicky with scrolling

Yeah like a music pack update with a whole bunch of tracks that have been suggested for the game. like 10 tracks or something for an update. Don't know how many can be allowed.
(26th August 2023, 9:16 AM)Different Wrote: @Adulock77 @Camer the Dragon @Mia How hard do you guys think it is to create music and not stumble upon somebody else's written work? The deal is, I created something, but I could have sworn that it sounds very familiar. Just the melody aspect of it. It'd be nice if it were royalty free work, but idk about this one. If it's not a hit song, maybe I can get away with it, maybe?

Personally, I never had that problem. The way I see it is not if someone else has done it already, is more if I have done it myself before. Music is an extremely massive media with literally endless genres, sub-genres, and artists that, there are bound to be tracks that sound alike or even the exact same either done on purpose or not. which is fine in my opinion. It's all about ''what music/genre have I not tried?'' to me anyway.

I'm all about recreating old electronic music from 2010 and below so... I am purposely making my tracks (the ones I made for the PR2 EPs) sound like those old 2005-2008 tracks so they sound more familiar.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Adulock77 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(27th August 2023, 5:05 PM)Adulock77 Wrote: Personally, I never had that problem. The way I see it is not if someone else has done it already, is more if I have done it myself before. Music is an extremely massive media with literally endless genres, sub-genres, and artists that, there are bound to be tracks that sound alike or even the exact same either done on purpose or not. which is fine in my opinion. It's all about ''what music/genre have I not tried?'' to me anyway.

I'm all about recreating old electronic music from 2010 and below so... I am purposely making my tracks (the ones I made for the PR2 EPs) sound like those old 2005-2008 tracks so they sound more familiar.

Yeah, & it's also very competitive because almost everybody is hungry to go triple platinum in the music industry. I just hear so many loops and samples nowadays, that's it difficult to find original masterpieces. So, you never stress over what might happen if you release a song (that ends up being a hit) and somebody (who's already done it before) hears it and sues you?
(27th August 2023, 1:00 AM)Mia Wrote: Sometimes it could be buried within your subconscious mind without even realizing it.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I'm a true victim of this scenario. I think my subconscious mind did manage to pull something out of the gate that ended up sounding very similar to a commercial or a hit song.
(27th August 2023, 6:12 PM)Different Wrote: Yeah, & it's also very competitive because almost everybody is hungry to go triple platinum in the music industry. I just hear so many loops and samples nowadays, that's it difficult to find original masterpieces. So, you never stress over what might happen if you release a song (that ends up being a hit) and somebody (who's already done it before) hears it and sues you?

No not at all. I don't stress out over thinking that ever when I make my music.

Hypothetically, let's say I release a track tomorrow that... becomes a huge hit on YouTube for example. Many people use it on memes and stuff (Side note: which I hope so that'll be awesome xD) which then makes the track more popular and so on. And then... a huge multi-billion music record company comes for my head, demanding blood and money saying

''YOU TOTALLY MADE A TRACK THAT KIND OF SOUNDS LIKE THIS FROM ONE OUR... SORT OF PRODUCERS THAT WE OUTSOURCED ON THIS ONE PROJECT WE.... SORT OF TOOK PART OF!! GIVE US A TRILLION DOLLARS!!!!! ACNEUWNCENUEBEU''

let's say that happens... well my music is being released under the Creative Commons license. This means I am not making any profit with the track. Additionally, this means it has to be used, shared, modified, or even tweaked alike by any other producer or users under the same license, therefore, making whatever 'song' or track that might sound even a few decibels like any commercial or even non-commercial track, be a remix (depending on the case) or ''work inspired by (blank)''

So me being sued over that is waaay off any possibilities. Them trying to ''take down'' a track that was released under the Creative Commons license without any lucrative ends... is a sue that will just go nowhere, legally speaking. 
Basically trying to take down something that is free of copyright and literally not affecting them (the music record company) in any way, shape, or form is just not something a huge music record company will go out of their way to do.

And let's be real... a huge music record going after a small YouTube video one-off hit made by a random,  underground independent music producer, not affiliated with any major discography company will be 100% a PR disaster. That'll be a horrible look for them. Which is not the goal for most companies.
  • Different
JOIN THE DARKSIDE OR PERISH! 😈

The untitled DNB track is out!

• ~JBG~
(27th August 2023, 9:46 PM)Adulock77 Wrote: let's say that happens... well my music is being released under the Creative Commons license. This means I am not making any profit with the track. Additionally, this means it has to be used, shared, modified, or even tweaked alike by any other producer or users under the same license, therefore, making whatever 'song' or track that might sound even a few decibels like any commercial or even non-commercial track, be a remix (depending on the case) or ''work inspired by (blank)''

So me being sued over that is waaay off any possibilities. Them trying to ''take down'' a track that was released under the Creative Commons license without any lucrative ends... is a sue that will just go nowhere, legally speaking. 
Basically trying to take down something that is free of copyright and literally not affecting them (the music record company) in any way, shape, or form is just not something a huge music record company will go out of their way to do.

And let's be real... a huge music record going after a small YouTube video one-off hit made by a random,  underground independent music producer, not affiliated with any major discography company will be 100% a PR disaster. That'll be a horrible look for them. Which is not the goal for most companies.

Now, let's say that you worked really hard on this one song that you know will be a huge hit. So, now you have strong intentions on making a profit off of it on iTunes, Spotify, YouTube, Deezer, etc. So, now you're thinking it's a great idea to go and start off with YouTube first, getting a Creative Commons license (with lucrative benefits) and a Mechanical license under the same deal. But, of course you've already gotten it copyrighted, first.

Unfortunately, your subconscious mind has successfully manipulated you into thinking that you've never done or heard this song before, until you learn the hard way from a major record company (that you've never heard of before) telling you that you're under hot water with them because your melodies sound 100% identical to one of their hit songs. Now you're being sued for $1 million. But, of course they don't come after you until your hit song reaches 10 million views on YouTube (making you over $90k in lucrative profits), and your song on Spotify gets millions of streams as well.

How would you personally deal with this huge lawsuit, now? Do you get a lawyer or what? I ask this because I plan on copyrighting and making a profit off my songs, but they sound very similar to hits.
(26th August 2023, 9:16 AM)Different Wrote: How hard do you guys think it is to create music and not stumble upon somebody else's written work? The deal is, I created something, but I could have sworn that it sounds very familiar. Just the melody aspect of it. It'd be nice if it were royalty free work, but idk about this one. If it's not a hit song, maybe I can get away with it, maybe?

Yeah music copyright is BS and why I don't really wanna do that personally since you never know who is gonna wanna trip u up, since most things have been done in the past or you just subconsciously put a similar enough thing into a song.
If it's not a hit song then it prob wont rly matter but I just don't like that the possibility is there and has precedent
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, Different
(28th August 2023, 4:28 AM)Different Wrote: Now, let's say that you worked really hard on this one song that you know will be a huge hit. So, now you have strong intentions on making a profit off of it on iTunes, Spotify, YouTube, Deezer, etc. So, now you're thinking it's a great idea to go and start off with YouTube first, getting a Creative Commons license (with lucrative benefits) and a Mechanical license under the same deal. But, of course you've already gotten it copyrighted, first.

Unfortunately, your subconscious mind has successfully manipulated you into thinking that you've never done or heard this song before, until you learn the hard way from a major record company (that you've never heard of before) telling you that you're under hot water with them because your melodies sound 100% identical to one of their hit songs. Now you're being sued for $1 million. But, of course they don't come after you until your hit song reaches 10 million views on YouTube (making you over $90k in lucrative profits), and your song on Spotify gets millions of streams as well.

How would you personally deal with this huge lawsuit, now? Do you get a lawyer or what? I ask this because I plan on copyrighting and making a profit off my songs, but they sound very similar to hits.

Hmmm... I am not sure what you mean by ''your subconscious mind has successfully manipulated you into thinking that you've never done or heard this song before''

I am not saying the copyright system is flawless but... there are laws that protect artists from these types of situations
(as long as the artist were careful enough with their tracks) I ain't no lawyer myself but i have read the important bits regarding this topic many years ago in the past. Perhaps you can talk to a copyright lawyer, they can tell you all about it.

I don't quite understand why our own subconscious mind will be able to ''manipulate oneself'' into making a track...?
If by that you mean, you have a track or tune in mind that you know for sure you've heard before and you're afraid of it copying an existing track, then once again... there is no reason to be afraid. Being sued about something like that is the last thing that could happen. Not really the first or even the fifth thing that could happen.

Just go ahead and release your music anywhere. If you always live afraid of the what if- whens and hows then you will never get anything done with your music.

Releasing my music on Soundcloud was one of the best decisions i have ever made in my life, seriously. Before... I used to make music as a hobby and then thought of becoming a content creator and said to myself ''hey i love doing music and already have way over 100 tracks... why let them go to waste, why don't I just share them online? perhaps if i hit my niche, i can even make a few bucks out of this!''

2 years ago i got contacted by a legit DJ who loved one of my tracks on Soundcloud... fast forward a few months ago... we ended up collaborating! now he has a remix of one of my tracks that he told me he will play it live in one of his events! Crazy stuff... one of my tracks being played live now is a possibility. All because i released this one track i didn't even think too much of and look what happened!
Not only will I receive free advertising on my track but also an insane opportunity to reach a wider audience.

So it's all about giving it a try, not thinking about what bad 'could' come out of it but rather 'this attempt i'm making will lead me somewhere if i give it a try' you never know what could happen.

If any problems show up, you fight back. If not, then great... you continue.
  • Different
(3rd September 2023, 2:01 AM)Adulock77 Wrote: Hmmm... I am not sure what you mean by ''your subconscious mind has successfully manipulated you into thinking that you've never done or heard this song before''

I am not saying the copyright system is flawless but... there are laws that protect artists from these types of situations
(as long as the artist were careful enough with their tracks) I ain't no lawyer myself but i have read the important bits regarding this topic many years ago in the past. Perhaps you can talk to a copyright lawyer, they can tell you all about it.

I don't quite understand why our own subconscious mind will be able to ''manipulate oneself'' into making a track...?
If by that you mean, you have a track or tune in mind that you know for sure you've heard before and you're afraid of it copying an existing track, then once again... there is no reason to be afraid. Being sued about something like that is the last thing that could happen. Not really the first or even the fifth thing that could happen.

So, with the subconscious theory, our minds absorb a lot of what we hear, and a lot of what we see without us knowing it all the time. It's like storing information into a computer and all of sudden it pops up later and you're left thinking... 'hmmm, where'd that come from?' This could be from years ago. So, basically my point is that we've consciously heard tons of songs before, but may not always remember hearing all of them because we've listened to so many.

With music, our subconscious mind manipulates us by giving us a melody to write without us remembering where it came from. We just think that it's brand new, and that we've never done it before.

(3rd September 2023, 2:01 AM)Adulock77 Wrote: Just go ahead and release your music anywhere. If you always live afraid of the what if- whens and hows then you will never get anything done with your music.

Releasing my music on Soundcloud was one of the best decisions i have ever made in my life, seriously. Before... I used to make music as a hobby and then thought of becoming a content creator and said to myself ''hey i love doing music and already have way over 100 tracks... why let them go to waste, why don't I just share them online? perhaps if i hit my niche, i can even make a few bucks out of this!''

2 years ago i got contacted by a legit DJ who loved one of my tracks on Soundcloud... fast forward a few months ago... we ended up collaborating! now he has a remix of one of my tracks that he told me he will play it live in one of his events! Crazy stuff... one of my tracks being played live now is a possibility. All because i released this one track i didn't even think too much of and look what happened!
Not only will I receive free advertising on my track but also an insane opportunity to reach a wider audience.

So it's all about giving it a try, not thinking about what bad 'could' come out of it but rather 'this attempt i'm making will lead me somewhere if i give it a try' you never know what could happen.

If any problems show up, you fight back. If not, then great... you continue.

This is great advice, my man... I appreciate it! I just bring this discussion up because I'm currently working on a few songs, and I'm strongly considering on submitting them to a music producer on YouTube, Curtiss King TV. I'm not sure if you've ever heard of him before or not. Anyways, every Monday, he does this thing called "critique my beats live", where you get live feedback on your beats or songs.

I'm thinking about copywriting my music before I submit them because people in the chat box might be thinking "oh, this sounds fire... let's see if I can rip it off!"

But, I'm glad you've managed to successfully turn your hobby into profits and collabs. What's your Soundcloud name, YouTube, etc? I'm thinking about going on Spotify.
(3rd September 2023, 8:43 AM)Different Wrote: So, with the subconscious theory, our minds absorb a lot of what we hear, and a lot of what we see without us knowing it all the time. It's like storing information into a computer and all of sudden it pops up later and you're left thinking... 'hmmm, where'd that come from?' This could be from years ago. So, basically my point is that we've consciously heard tons of songs before, but may not always remember hearing all of them because we've listened to so many.

With music, our subconscious mind manipulates us by giving us a melody to write without us remembering where it came from. We just think that it's brand new, and that we've never done it before.

This is great advice, my man... I appreciate it! I just bring this discussion up because I'm currently working on a few songs, and I'm strongly considering on submitting them to a music producer on YouTube, Curtiss King TV. I'm not sure if you've ever heard of him before or not. Anyways, every Monday, he does this thing called "critique my beats live", where you get live feedback on your beats or songs.

I'm thinking about copywriting my music before I submit them because people in the chat box might be thinking "oh, this sounds fire... let's see if I can rip it off!"

But, I'm glad you've managed to successfully turn your hobby into profits and collabs. What's your Soundcloud name, YouTube, etc? I'm thinking about going on Spotify.

I understand it can be a little scary to think about since you're starting on your own and such but... the way i see it is just giving it a try. You never know what can come out of it. Especially now since people are straight up making a career out of just making like... 2 or 3 tracks that hit the right audience and boom they're making mad profit on it. Like actual real profit as in 'i can pay my bills and then some ' type of profit xD It's crazy!

I have seen Curtis King TV videos before and yeah he does host a live thing to give feedback and constructive criticism I suppose. You should give it a try!
If you worry about someone ripping the audio... hmmm... if you want to, you can use a track you know you can Throw away... just in case someone else OMEGA steals it from the live stream and makes it his own track or whatever, you can be like 'meh... It's not one of my best anyway' you know. Even if someone else steals it, it will not be the one and only track you'll ever produce for the rest of your life, you know.

So my SoundCloud is this one 

https://soundcloud.com/adulock77 

But! i have been uploading on my YouTube channel more 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU4Ys0x...8fKZ_GWa_w

Because... well... I haven't paid for the Next Pro thingy in a while 'cause... Life wah but I HIGHLY recommend Soundcloud. It is super accessible, easy to use, and can also give you the option to distribute your tracks to any music platform.

Spotify is an excellent choice too since it's got an option to directly monetize your music from the amount of plays. (just like Soundcloud) Not to mention, it being one of the most used if not the most used music platforms out there... not a bad place to start :]
  • Different
What's your favorite element?

Elemental flux is now OUT!

(*Volume warning! volume is high due to an editing error, my apologies)

• Dan-83
(6th September 2023, 5:17 PM)Adulock77 Wrote: What's your favorite element?

Elemental flux is now OUT!

(*Volume warning! volume is high due to an editing error, my apologies)

I really enjoyed that. Good job

Some parts reminded me of something that would be in Super Monkey Ball
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Dan-83 For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77
(6th September 2023, 8:27 PM)Dan-83 Wrote: I really enjoyed that. Good job

Some parts reminded me of something that would be in Super Monkey Ball

Thank you! My apologies if the volume startled you. I'm still figuring out this whole 'editing the edit of the edit' when it comes to videos xD dang oh dang.

Super Monkey Ball!!! I used to love that game :C I had it on PS2.
Mushroom Village (PR2 version) is out NOW!

A remix/PR2 version of a track I have in the works! 

Enjoy

@Adulock77 What do you think of this song?

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77
(15th September 2023, 9:59 PM)Different Wrote: @Adulock77 What do you think of this song?

Hey!

That was alright. Not the type of music I listen to but the percussion of it is great (and the overall sound design)

Thank you for sharing!
  • Different
Update! (30/9/2023)
                        Hey! just wanted to make a quick update on what's going on with me lately.
     Today I submitted my shot at the Cymatics Phoenix Song Contest and wanted to share my track with you all!

I believe it gives a pretty good example of my current skills as a producer. I'm very happy with the result since, at the start I didn't really like how it turned out been... so I tried again and got that. Which is way better and much more focused. Wish me luck! (I WANT THE ROLAND JUNO PIANO MORE THAN ANYTHING HOLY S***)

Aside from that, I am currently searching for a part-time job since I want to finish up my bachelor's by the beginning of next year. Study study study study. Studying is *NOT my passion.

Also, Ben's Killer Tune 3 DAWN OF CODING is done, and just yesterday I finished the thumbnail... which looks even more uncanny and cursed than the last one somehow. I don't know if I am getting better at Photoshop or worse... you'll see what I mean xD (also the track is gonna have an extended mix!)

What else... trying to eat healthy- or "healthier" I should say. 'Cause I am apparently deficient in a few very important vitamins in me bodee, body, and skin. Need to eat more seafood and such which I love.

It's been raining a lot here in Costa Rica and I am loving every second of it. October is gonna be SPOOKIER (planning on making a track for that if everything goes according to plan... muahahaha ha pr2 muahahaha ha main theme muaha spooky remix muahahahahahahahaha)

If anyone likes any of the recent tracks that I posted, here's a reminder that they are all free to download. Just go to the track on Soundcloud, Click on the three dots, and then you'll see an option that says ''download file'' Click on there, and that's it! Instant download. (side note, I am in the process of uploading all the recent tracks on Soundcloud!)

That's it for now :]

Thanks for reading.

(New Logo!)

• Camer the Dragon
Ben's Killer Tune 3 DAWN OF CODING is OUT!

-Briefing-
The war still continues... Ben and the resistance are still fighting against the evil PR2 bugs and errors. The situation has turned worse after finding out that the bugs found a way to enter the PR2 Code further to destroy it...
Ben found a "Code Portal" into where the Bugs and Errors are constructing their new base... This is his opportunity to fight back. Unfortunately, the Portal is only one way and only 1 person can go in.
So Ben says "I'll see you guys soon!" to his fellow soldiers of the resistance and INSERT PR2 JUMP SOUND EFFECT into the Portal.
Ben finds himself in front of the new base... this is his opportunity. The code he hacked earlier to get through the "bug street doors" (Ben's Killer Tune 2) Still works on the entrance of the base door... causing him to go "Bruh 😂" calmly. These bugs and errors never changed the password... he got in.

Now that he is inside the base... it's time to chew kick and code gum... and he is all out of kick. so he's got two AK-47s.

After he is done destroying the evil bugs and server errors, he comes to a realization... while standing on the gray platform where the code portal took him... he realizes his Pokedex Portal-Making Escape Device and his Intelligent Canon Auto Tank Invisible Oktagon Nuclear weapon (P.P.M.E.D.I.C.A.T.I.O.N. for short) have both stop working and ran out of ammo... he's got no way to get out of the PR2 code universe and no more weapons to defend himself with.

Will Ben be okay? Will he find another way to hack the code further to come back to the safety of the destroyed city? And will Mustangman find his Tooladoo to save New York (their headquarters) from destruction?

Find out next time on the next part of this Quantology!

... also the extended version it's in the works!

And that ends this row of... extra... pr2-like tracks for now. Had a blast making them just like all the other tracks :]

Let me know which one was your favorite track!

Till next time!

-AVL
  • Camer the Dragon