How is the pandemic treating you?
How's the pandemic treating you, guys?

Me personally, I got laid off from both of my jobs, almost losing ability to pay rent and electricity. I have to pay things with my credit card, and I find myself having to pay for my credit card debt with my credit card. It's not an enormous amount, but not exactly money I can acquire for myself in this situation. Up until this point, I've somehow managed to pay for everything, but I fear that streak might be ending soon.
[Image: gWu2Jq2.png]
I end up $~300 short on my paycheck every week because of the low hours and I get 3 days off instead of 2 a week. I still have to pay bills and I’m currently broke since I paid all my bills with the 28 hour paycheck I had.. my weekly bills are $500 a week.. I have nothing saved to cover the bills. I never received my stimulus check from trump(being the in US, you have to have 2018 AND 2019 taxes filed) I never did my taxes in 2018 because I didn’t have a job and wasn’t required to, but they don’t accept that as an excuse. I am living with my mother which saves me on food but I still have to pay her rent.. I’m Days away from due bill, but I have no money because I get paid every 2 weeks...

Yeah this pandemic has messed my life up. I’m just speaking my personal thoughts as well
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • ProClifo
As a high school senior, I probably should feel a great amount of pain from having perhaps one of the peak moments of one's life stripped away from me - that being a high school graduation, saying goodbye to friends, touring colleges, that whole spiel - but honestly for an introvert like me I've had no qualms with adjusting to the new lockdown lifestyle. It was pretty much how I lived when I wasn't going to school, anyways. I've been greatly productive on my own time too - working on art, dabbling in programming, working and earning some money on the side, and chatting up friends.

I took an AP exam online and it was nuts. No three hour exam testing classroom bullcrap. It was two free response questions. Two! I typed my responses into Notepad and I was able to send it immediately. I feel so sorry for people who had to deal with the stress and anxiety of having to cram for those mega tests. I guess I chose the perfect time to take those classes.

Obviously I shouldn't be thankful that the virus is happening - millions are infected and hundreds of thousands are dead, and I feel terribly sorry for those who lost their lives or the healthy function of their organs to the great error this pandemic has been, but all I can say is perhaps I'm more in tune with the alternative living quarantine than the status quo. Now for people with adult responsibilities and those who value being close to the ones they care about, it's hell, and my condolences go out to those afflicted by it in that way - but for me, I've been rather comfortable.
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • ProClifo
I've been using my refund money to pay rent since before the pandemic so I've been okay for now with my paycheck slowing down due to less hours. Although I may be affected a bit more recently since my GM found out when I said I was going out of town for a few days that I was going to my hometown which is an hour and a half away from Chicago (a major hotspot) and told me I can't come back to work within 2 weeks of the day that I'm back in town. Oh well..

At least the upside of not having to go to work is less risk of catching the virus since drivers go everywhere dragging along God knows what w them which means less risk of giving my 3 month old daughter the virus.

(12th May 2020, 12:06 AM)Addy Wrote: I never received my stimulus check from trump(being the in US, you have to have 2018 AND 2019 taxes filed) I never did my taxes in 2018 because I didn’t have a job and wasn’t required to, but they don’t accept that as an excuse

As far as I know, the IRS uses your 2019 tax return to determine your eligibility for the check, if you don't have it filed, that's when they check your 2018 tax return. You just need one of those, not both. So unless you don't meet a requirement outside of the tax return requirement, you should be getting a stimulus check
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • ProClifo
Uni is online and I'm at home rather than Uni housing because that way I can be with my family rather than on my own, there are exams soon but they put stuff in place so our grades don't go oof. I'm kinda sad I didn't get to talk to my friends at Uni more before the year ended, maybe next year but who knows since the vaccine wouldn't come until the end of that at earliest.
I'ma stay inside cos they said I'm moderate-risk, I've doing so for like 50 days now (apart from going into the garden 2 times lol). I usually stay inside anyway but I don't like not being able to go outside cos I like sometimes just going to the shops but now my Mum orders us food and stuff online, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do and that's staying inside for now.
Honestly I'm glad I'm still at Uni rather than at work and with family rather than living alone that sounds bad.

Also PR2 is more active Cool this is the 1 upside lol
á
Typing on mobile, so there may be grammar errors. 

I am a senior in college (university for international friends) and am supposed to graduate this Saturday (16 May). For the most part, I am doing alright. Honestly, I could care less about graduation in terms of the ceremony because I am not too fond of sitting for hours hearing people talk about how amazing us graduate are. However, not hanging out with family and friends is something that will be missed (we have flight credit, though, so that will make for a vacation). Class-wise, I finished all of my FAA certification stuff, so I can graduate and not have to come back to finish one class (unlike some of my peers). The rest of the classes were switched online, and they have been smooth (I have taken online classes before, so it was not too big of a change). 

Life-wise, my job suspended operations (tourism-type job), so I am technically furloughed. I decided to leave my school’s city because I had no reason to be there, and the building I stayed in was shite (Internet, plumbing, and cell service; all exclusive to my room). I drove 15 hours back home to the biggest hotspot on the United States and just living at my permanent residence. Here, I have been doing school, yard work, and strength training.

My degree is in aviation (concentration in piloting), so getting a job will be rough, since the job market tanked (especially aviation). Current plans are to go to graduate school as a fallback and focus my knowledge if I cannot find a job. In the meantime, I have binged Sid Meier’s Civilization 3. 
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
(12th May 2020, 12:06 AM)Addy Wrote: I never received my stimulus check from trump(being the in US, you have to have 2018 AND 2019 taxes filed) I never did my taxes in 2018 because I didn’t have a job and wasn’t required to, but they don’t accept that as an excuse.

(12th May 2020, 1:21 AM)JEEJAYEM Wrote: As far as I know, the IRS uses your 2019 tax return to determine your eligibility for the check, if you don't have it filed, that's when they check your 2018 tax return. You just need one of those, not both. So unless you don't meet a requirement outside of the tax return requirement, you should be getting a stimulus check

To add onto this, I don't know your situation, but since you live with your mom she might have you filed as a dependent which would exempt you from receiving a stimulus check (of course you should double check this, I could be wrong). If this isn't the case it should be a matter of waiting like pointed out as long as you've filed your 2019 returns
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • JEEJAYEM
The switch to remote learning has not been easy for me. Suffice it to say that Zoom University is not a lucrative method of instruction for me. It's stressful now, but I think it'll be better once the semester ends.

I'm lucky that I can occupy myself with JV when I'm procrastinating. It's a nice hobby to have in a pandemic. As I said in one of the recent Motley Monday videos, the good thing about quarantine is that it gives me a lot of time to work on PR2 updates.

Otherwise, I just miss everyone and I miss school. I miss going out. I've been trying to stay in contact with friends, but it's not always easy syncing schedules (yeah, even in a pandemic!).

Thankfully, these are the worst problems I have. I'm healthy! Everyone I know is healthy! Knock on wood!! That's the most important thing, right?

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
meh
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lalafox For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, gemj
I am still operating from the secret Antarctica base with out any issue. I mean.. what base?
-AspectZero
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AspectZero For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Northadox
pretty poorly. i am currently 3000+ km away from my family, i was studying my second year on collegue and i have decided to quit because i'm not even going to be able to afford next semester; i thought it was best for the money to stay with my mother back in México simply because the situation over there is going to be far worse than it is here in Canada. i can't receive any support from the government here because i am not a citizen yet, and my work permit is not fitting for the stimulus check support either. on top of that, i was unlucky enough to be infected as well, however i'm quite young and healthy so i got over it pretty quickly; it's been two months since i haven't left my house.
[Image: Emeiry.png]
Was planning on moving but those plans have been delayed :oof: but I have been working out more and I still have a job I can do remotely, thank goodness.

Everyone, make sure you're getting some sun when you can! Or take Vitamin D if that's not possible.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lunanova For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
terrible

I live in the epicenter of the virus and people refuse to wear masks so it feels like this quarantine will never be over
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
4 cases at my workplace and only one other person in my area wears a mask

Hopefully that second US stimulus check comes into fruition
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
Even though the virus is still very much alive, Indiana doesn't seem to care, lol. Everything's back open so I feel like I'm living life as normal except by wearing a mask.
Meanwhile in New Jersey, the "dictator" governor institutes a mandatory mask policy outside when social distancing is not required (adding onto the mandatory mask policy inside from months ago) and cancels in-person dining. NJ citizens then complain it is an infringement of, "muh freedoms."
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
(12th July 2020, 6:23 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: Meanwhile in New Jersey, the "dictator" governor institutes a mandatory mask policy outside when social distancing is not required (adding onto the mandatory mask policy inside from months ago) and cancels in-person dining. NJ citizens then complain it is an infringement of, "muh freedoms."

In America, we believe that having to wear masks and not being able to dine in restaurants puts us through experiences similar enough to what holocaust victims went through to call it a violation to our human rights.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Uptight 534
It's been so ****ing boring, and basically negated half my first year of uni, which sucks. I missed drinking once a week - minimum.

It's also hilarious that I was soooooo bored during quarantine that I decided to check out what the remnants of old JV were and funnily enough, found that this continuation of JV exists.

It's really well made though, holy shit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sychocut For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, JEEJAYEM
(12th July 2020, 6:53 PM)sychocut Wrote: It's been so ****ing boring, and basically negated half my first year of uni, which sucks. I missed drinking once a week - minimum. 

Funnily enough, being in quarantine has made me drink more often than i ever have ;S
(12th July 2020, 6:58 PM)JEEJAYEM Wrote: Funnily enough, being in quarantine has made me drink more often than i ever have ;S
Partly true, honestly.    

Like I'd literally drink with my boys on discord playing league when we were suuuuuper bored at like 3am or some shit - it's gotten that sad LMAO.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to sychocut For This Useful Post:
  • JEEJAYEM